Low history quality in MT5

I'm trying to backtest against 2012 in MT5 on a D1 timeframe. Whether I use every tick or OHLC my history quality is only 23%. In MT4 there was a way to manage historical data. Is there a way to refresh data in MT5 or force it to re-download data from the server?  Thanks in advance.

You can refresh (update) the price history by clicking Refresh in the chart context menu.

But you should note, that the quality and depth of available price history depends on your broker.

I am not sure exactly but I think - it should be refreshed/downloaded automatically. I tried to backtest MACD Sample EA and got 100% quality for every tick and OHLC as well :) may be - you are trying to backtest on some new symbol (new for your MT5)? Just allow all symbols in MT5 - read this comment with video https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/10734#comment_431595
More currencies to chart
More currencies to chart
  • www.mql5.com
By chance today I used an Indicator called Multicurrency Chart and I could call these currencies, however they are not in my Chart pannel.

Alexx:

You can refresh (update) the price history by clicking Refresh in the chart context menu.

But you should note, that the quality and depth of available price history depends on your broker.

Sorry Alexx - I did not see your reply.

newdigital:
I am not sure exactly but I think - it should be refreshed/downloaded automatically. I tried to backtest MACD Sample EA and got 100% quality for every tick and OHLC as well :) may be - you are trying to backtest on some new symbol (new for your MT5)? Just allow all symbols in MT5 - read this comment with video https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/10734#comment_431595

Thanks newdigital, I'm backtesting on EURUSD using Alpari-US, perhaps it has something to do with their data I have noticed some bugs since they are still in beta. I'll check out the video, guess I might have to switch to Alpari-UK for now ;)

Alexx:

Thanks Alexx, I'll try it out.

paysonwelch:

I'm trying to backtest against 2012 in MT5 on a D1 timeframe. Whether I use every tick or OHLC my history quality is only 23%. In MT4 there was a way to manage historical data. Is there a way to refresh data in MT5 or force it to re-download data from the server?  Thanks in advance.

It's been reported before by user MarketArt in this forum that AlpariUS does not run correctly (read here). You may want to test with another broker, please read here.
Reason: