Two indicators: from two in 1 window to 2 in 2 windows with different values...

Imagine you put two seperate (custom) indicators in the same seperate chart window on a chart in your terminal. They seem to correspond, cross over or whatever: they do have approximately the same values if you look at the graph, but when you place those two custom indicators in two other seperate chart windows, they turn out to have different values. This looks like a pretty common problem to me, but I haven't found the answer on making those two indicators range between the same set of numbers (more or less) without changing the shape of the indicator. Please help.

They seem to correspond, cross over or whatever: they do have approximately the same values if you look at the graph

Yes, in same sept window, only seem .... since MT processed them and only show Y follow first indicator's , but in fact not. so can not used for cross.

if can Print their values.

MrH:

Imagine you put two seperate (custom) indicators in the same seperate chart window on a chart in your terminal. They seem to correspond, cross over or whatever: they do have approximately the same values if you look at the graph, but when you place those two custom indicators in two other seperate chart windows, they turn out to have different values. This looks like a pretty common problem to me, but I haven't found the answer on making those two indicators range between the same set of numbers (more or less) without changing the shape of the indicator. Please help.

In the indicator options, set appropriate symmetrical maximum and minimim values for both indicators.

What you may be looking for is to have the zero line for both indicators at the same "level" in the subwindow.

Example, indicator 1 is an oscillator, goes between -100 and 100, so set fixed minimum -100 and maximum 100

The other may move farther, like CCI and not have limits. So you have to experiment a little, but set it

for -300 to +300.

Both indicators now have a common zero line despite having different overall ranges or symmetry.

Hi Phy, I appreciate the reply, but I got it done: someone recoded the indicators for me and now they work perfectly; but what you wrote seems like the logical solution in other cases to me.

MrH:

Hi Phy, I appreciate the reply, but I got it done: someone recoded the indicators for me and now they work perfectly; but what you wrote seems like the logical solution in other cases to me.

It is the casual fix. If writing some indicator i would add an invisible index that swings the amount I would set for min and max. That too will size the wndow, with the capability of resizing it by changing the +/- swing of the invisible index line as the range of the base indicator changes.
Reason: