Get Tickdata

Hello,

is it possible to get the Tick Data which are all receive in the terminal.

I would like as in a normal database to call the data´s that all been received, is not possible with the Meta Trader, that´s a absolutly normal Think and must be possible I think?

"tick" data is not directly accessible to my knowledge. The best i have been able to do is to repeatedly
query for new bid/ask and consider that a new tick and insert it into my own tick history.

phy:

"tick" data is not directly accessible to my knowledge. The best i have been able to do is to repeatedly
query for new bid/ask and consider that a new tick and insert it into my own tick history.

I dont know, whith the MetaTrader it is also every Time a little bit problem to work with curs datas.

I ask my self to if it is possible to write a Tickchart, that runs live, I have seen before one that was stored as offline chart.

Or for example, when you build a offline chart with the period conventer script, for what is a offline chart good :-), I want a live chart that build them self by every Tick new, a offline chart dont do this.

I think there are a lot little think that i dont understand about the MetaTrader and because of this dont can build what I want :-).

I want a access to the Tickdata and want can use it every Time I Want and need man :-).

An offline chart reads from a history file.

Update the history file.

Send a message to update the offline chart.

The Period Converter Optimized code sample has all the necessary clues.

Hello, if i have understand you right than it is possible to let a offline chart run as a live chart that read history from the file which is fulled with data from the period conventer. Where dit I find a example, please?

you wrote:

"Update the history file. Send a message to update the offline chart. "

How can I told the offlinechart, that he update?

The Period Converter Optimized code sample has all the necessary clues.

Yes, know I have find this indicator and know how it works.

The Last Problem I have is a Solution to get a preziser Time of a bar, example 1 h bar, I want to get the minutes and seconds been past since the paar bar is build and not only the open time, durring run a test in the strategytester.

naja, mal schaun if i find a solution.

Reason: