a quick question

If it was the 1st trading day of the month how would I find the highest and the lowest point of the previous month using an EA.

I know how to use high[ihigest... and low [ilowest... but i have no idea how to calculate the amount of bars on a daily with a previous month of the previous month.

a better question would be how on a daily would i know that it was the 1st trading day of a new month sorry i found my answer to the 1st question.

"how on a daily would i know that it was the 1st trading day of a new month "

if(TimeMonth(Time[0]) != TimeMonth(Time[1])

"how would I find the highest and the lowest point of the previous month using an EA"

what is a 'point'?

what if the 1st is on a saturday or sunday? i found you can use ihigh and ilow on a daily chart with ihigh(null,period_mn1,1)

a guess you got me on the 'point' i should have said tick.

"what if the 1st is on a saturday or sunday?"

Ok, what about it.

"guess you got me on the 'point' i should have said tick."

Still don't know what you want here

doesn't timemonth 1 refer to the 1st of the month and if the 1st of the month happens to fall on a saturday then the market is closed and your ea will never receive a tick and on the next day it will be timemonth 2 and therefore will totally skip anything you wanted to do at the beginning of the month under timemonth 1. Or am i wrong on this. the strategy i'm looking at takes the high value and the low value of the previous month and i'm assuming it would be best to place these orders as soon as possible.

"doesn't timemonth 1 refer to the 1st of the month and if the 1st of the month happens to fall on a saturday then the market is closed and your ea will never receive a tick and on the next day it will be timemonth 2 and therefore will totally skip anything you wanted to do at the beginning of the month under timemonth 1"

No.

"Or am i wrong on this."

Yes.

"the strategy i'm looking at takes the high value and the low value of the previous month and i'm assuming it would be best to place these orders as soon as possible"

For calendar months:
lastMonthHigh = iHigh(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1, 1);
lastMonthLow = iLow(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1, 1);

Reason: