Totally unreliable software

Write a script... run it... shows a profit.

Save the script under a different name... run it again with the exact same paramters. .. different $$$.

Close out the application... start it again... run the SAME program under the SAME parameters as before. . TOTALLY DIFFERENT NUMBERS.. .

Something is very wrong with this application. Last year, I chalked it up to early versions and decided to put it away until this year.

But the same problems exist.

I read the messages on this forum and see all the questions from people who are so serious about this application.

Certainly you have tried the above experiement and noticed the different numbers.

Same data... same program... same paramters. .. using 'every tick' for the model and VERY different numbers each time.

Anyone have a suggestion for another scriptable forex trading system? One that works!

Since 'every tick' are come from a simulation mode, which produces every ticks every time and not exactly same every time.
If you select "open peice only "mode , all OK., and will be repuduced

Please post your code so I can tell you what you're doing wrong.

everlongh:

It should not matter if the code is 'wrong'.      The wrong code, using  the same data and same paramters  should generate the same 'wrong' numbers.

ren518:
Since 'every tick' are come from a simulation mode, which produces every ticks every time and not exactly same every time.
If you select "open peice only "mode , all OK., and will be repuduced

Hey,  you are funny...   bet  you  could make  more money as  a  comedian 

lacrosseus:
Save the script under a different name... run it again with the exact same paramters. .. different $$$.

Close out the application... start it again... run the SAME program under the SAME parameters as before. . TOTALLY DIFFERENT NUMBERS.. .

Using older build that still has the recalculation mode, let the recalculation unchecked and run the strategy tester several times.
What would be the result? Do they all give different numbers? Care to show us the reports?

lacrosseus:
everlongh:

It should not matter if the code is 'wrong'. The wrong code, using the same data and same paramters should generate the same 'wrong' numbers.

Hey dude, just trying to help. This is a great platform and application if you know what you're doing. For an idiot it is difficult, as most things are. Not saying you are an idiot, but this application and coding an expert is not idiot proof!

Post your data or quit complaining!!!

Reason: