int x = double y ? - page 2

I can tell from 25 years of programming experience every computer platform has it's quirks. Our task is to discover them and find a workaround.
That's how it works, there is no other way around it. MQL platform is very robust for its purpose. It lacks some professional tools such as structures, objects, avents, etc. but maybe its for the better, since thay might confuse some people even more. This problem of int and double is quite common in other computer platforms. I've found some other quirky behaviours of MQL which people sohuld be aware of like for example:

when timeframe is changed while expert is running Init() is executed but global vars are not reninitialized. Thus if you expect to have initial value in Init() you better initialize it explicitely there.

other it seems that object names are global even though they are attached to a particular chart, so if you create any objects in your experts you need to give them distinct names if you run same expert on different currencies or timeframes, even if you run visual test

irusoh1:
every computer platform has it's quirks. Our task is to discover them and find a workaround.

Yes, I guess you are right, that should be enough on our side.
I just don't like things that I don't understand throughoutly.

thank you for those informations.

In fact I frequently noticed false results in comparing two calculates double or integer and double variables:
even if print of the two variables A & B are similar, an if(A==B) could be false.

Could Metaquotes fix this ?

I guess I give it a try on metaquotes.net. Now, that I am aware of this problem, programming is getting complicated..
Reason: