to start Strategy tester from dos?

Hi All I need to start the strategy tester in dos? I need to keep my strats running while I'm at work...I don't see dos parameters available for the terminal64.exe

If under 'dos' you mean command line, then this help section will be useful for you: Command Line

Alexx:

If under 'dos' you mean command line, then this help section will be useful for you: Command Line

Do you want :

[a]. Strategy Tester to run on the background or [b]. when current testing finished, to start another testing with same EA with different setting, or [c]. when current testing finished, start another testing with different EA ? 

phi.nuts:

Do you want :

[a]. Strategy Tester to run on the background or [b]. when current testing finished, to start another testing with same EA with different setting, or [c]. when current testing finished, start another testing with different EA ? 

Hi phi.nuts,

I want b and c. I need to keep my machine busy when it is done. SO when a particular EA H1 is done I want to maybe sart same (or diffrent) EA on M30. I want some automation in the tester... period

Sorry for being unclear. 

Alexx:

Thanks alex but I want to kick of the strategy tester. Hence me stating I dont see command line parameters for that?

ToolMaker:

Hi phi.nuts,

I want b and c. I need to keep my machine busy when it is done. SO when a particular EA H1 is done I want to maybe sart same (or diffrent) EA on M30. I want some automation in the tester... period

Sorry for being unclear. 

For b] use either "start" and "step" field on Strategy Tester input (click here) or use OnTester(), for c]. definitely you have to write external application for it :( 

The command line parameters allow starting the terminal with a custom configuration file (ex. terminal.exe /config:c:\myconfiguration.ini). And there is a part in the configuration file which allows setting test/optimization parameters for the strategy tester - [Tester].

Also there are functions in MQL5 that allow working with optimization results "on-the-fly", they might be also useful for you.

Reason: