entitlement/authentication

has anyone got any good thoughts for developing a robust and reliable method for authenticating users and entitling EAs/CIs?

i have been thnking about this for a while and I have also been discussing this with several architects at my place of work.

I have seen the ideas at Coders Guru's page but this doesn't really provide a robust method that is scalable.

i think some of the challenges are:

1. the trading platform authenticates the user's password/account number. this could be used and checked against an authentication server somehow - eg using LDAP or even something really much simpler. BUT ...

- 1. i do not want to be responsible for having people's live account numbers on a server i am responsible for that is sitting on the internet.
- 2. it causes a headache when users have muliple live accounts and more of a headache with demo accounts since they are disposable.
- 3. hardcoding it in to the EA/CI itself is not a scalable solution.

2. can we entitle a user using their email address? ... well we could be there is no authentication by email address that i know in mql4. it would be good if you can get the email address of the entitled user from the server but i am not aware that this is possible in MT4. The alternative is that the user puts that into the EA/CI as an external option but that as i say, that email address is then not authenticated.

Id appreciate any ideas folks have on this. Also .. those at metaQuotes .. . can you help us out here... have you got anyting planned to help us? Can we get something going?

thanks
TheImperialOne
Reason: