Strategy Tester Different Results on Same Data

Can someone tell me why there would be substantial differences in Strategy Tester results run on the exact same data for the exact same period?  One test was run on 09.09; the other was run on 09.11.  Both were run with Build 196 of version 4.

harooki2 wrote:
Can someone tell me why there would be substantial differences in Strategy Tester results run on the exact same data for the exact same period? One test was run on 09.09; the other was run on 09.11. Both were run with Build 196 of version 4.

I am dealing with a broker that says "The Strategy Tester does not work," when asked a question about it.  The backtest may be the most important part of my trading, so I need some answers.  If there are known issues that produce false results, please tell me and I will work around it.  If this is a data-related problem, then that is another issue and probably cannot be fixed by programming.

harooki2 wrote:
harooki2 wrote:
Can someone tell me why there would be substantial differences in Strategy Tester results run on the exact same data for the exact same period? One test was run on 09.09; the other was run on 09.11. Both were run with Build 196 of version 4.

I am dealing with a broker that says "The Strategy Tester does not work," when asked a question about it. The backtest may be the most important part of my trading, so I need some answers. If there are known issues that produce false results, please tell me and I will work around it. If this is a data-related problem, then that is another issue and probably cannot be fixed by programming.

Nobody wants to talk!

Hi harooki2,`

sure enough, always there has been a flaw in backtesting. This last version, however, is much more improved than the previous ones, specially in visual mode.
For my part if the difference btw two or more tests is less than 0.5% it is fine for me. What I would recommend you is to check out the last operation of each of your tests and see if they do match.
Reason: