is it possible to call iMA in EA with another iMA??

To add comments, please log in or register
Edi Dimitrovski
Edi Dimitrovski  
Is it possible on one MA to apply another MA? Ex.:
double var=iMA(NULL, 0, 3, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0)
One MA is "var", now on this MA to apply another MA? Ex.:
double var1=iMA(NULL, 0, var, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0)

what I need is MA Period also, is any way to call this second MA on this way, or should be programmed as indicator ?
Slava
Slava  
use iMAOnArray function. Before fill some array with iMA values
Edi Dimitrovski
Edi Dimitrovski  
Thank You stringo,

I did something similar to this as indicator and it is working, but in script it is not working...

int i,limit,counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;
limit=Bars-counted_bars;
double MainBuffer[], double SignalBuffer[], double Buffer1[], double Buffer2[], sm, smp, fm, fmp;
// double Buffer1[10],Buffer2[10]; int limit=ArraySize(Buffer1); ArraySetAsSeries(Buffer1,true);
for(i=0; i<limit; i++) Buffer1[i]=iMA(NULL,0,Slowing1,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_MEDIAN, i);
for(i=0; i<limit; i++) Buffer2[i]=iMA(NULL,0,Slowing1,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_WEIGHTED, i);
for(i=0; i<limit; i++) MainBuffer[i]=iMAOnArray(Buffer1,Bars,Slowing, 0,MODE_LWMA,i);
for(i=0; i<limit; i++) SignalBuffer[i]=iMAOnArray(Buffer2,Bars,Slowing, 0,MODE_LWMA,i);

sm=iMAOnArray(SignalBuffer,0,1,0,MODE_LWMA,0); smp=iMAOnArray(SignalBuffer,0,1, 0,MODE_LWMA,1);
fm=iMAOnArray(MainBuffer,0,1,0,MODE_LWMA,0); fmp=iMAOnArray(MainBuffer,0,1,0,MODE_LWMA, 1);
I have also tried the combination in slashes, with array series , but I could not work it out, I don't know why...?
Edi Dimitrovski
Edi Dimitrovski  
To rewritte, this line I've added in code was mistake

double MainBuffer[], double SignalBuffer[], double Buffer1[], double Buffer2[], sm, smp, fm, fmp;
the real one was

double MainBuffer[], SignalBuffer[], Buffer1[], Buffer2[], sm, smp, fm, fmp;
If you can help?
Slava
Slava  
You need to resize your buffers (MainBuffer,SignalBuffer,Buffer1,Buffer2) before using because they have zero size and don't resized automatically
ArrayResize(MainBuffer,Bars);
To add comments, please log in or register