EA not working after migrating to VPS.

Hey Lads

I have two EA's running on computer and they seem to be opening trades OK.. After i sync it to VPS it stops trading and autodialing button goes off in MT4. I thought it is normal but i can notice there are no trades opening.

I have enabled it manually (first row)

Anybody knows what the craic is?

thanks a million for any input

Pavol Kohutik:

Hey Lads

I have two EA's running on computer and they seem to be opening trades OK.. After i sync it to VPS it stops trading and autodialing button goes off in MT4. I thought it is normal but i can notice there are no trades opening.

I have enabled it manually (first row)

Anybody knows what the craic is?

thanks a million for any input

MQL5 VPS is Metatrader (your "second Metatrader is cloud").

The autotrading is always ON in MQL5 VPS (and it should be OFF in your home Metatrader on same trading account).

How to monitor about what this "second Metatrader is cloud" with your EA attached to some charts are doing?
You can check the VPS journal (coders name is as logs; just a term) to understand - what/when and so on - everything is written on the VPS logs.

Quick questions on MQL5 VPS (Syncing and Activations)
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/337526

MQL5 VPS
MQL5 VPS
  • www.mql5.com
VPS issue - After syncing local MT4 terminal with VPS MT4 terminal: On my PC/Laptop the MT4 terminal change the status of the EA that was running...

Hi.. It looks like it is migrated successfully. Also i have subscribed to signal and enabled it in tools options signals. I have then synced it to VPS by right click and sync everything autotrading turned off and signal was unticked as it was migrated to VPS..  I checked the history of signal provider and he had new trades opened (already closed) they havent traded on my account..  EA looks like is trading when MT4 is open and auto trading is ON. Then it opens 2 exact same trades with small discrepancies (latency) as i presume one is triggered from VPS and one from local MT4.  In terminal Journal i can see it is being all logged and succesful.  In VPS  jurnal i see nothing regarding signal only about the EA. If i give someone my details and you login with MQL/Trading account would you be able to help?  thank you
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

1. Autotrading on your local Metatrader should be OFF for the trading account ypou are using VPS with (because autotrading is always ON in VPS - MQL5 VPS is the other Metatrader such as "your second Metatrader in cloud").

2. Same with the signal subscription: if you are using subscription in VPS so you should untick "Enable realtime signal subscription" in your local Metatrader.

I checked the history of signal provider and he had new trades opened (already closed) they havent traded on my account..

Some trades may be missed because of the mapping, and it is important about what was written in Metatrader journal/log (or in VPS journal/logs in case you are using VPS for subscription). Mapping is not a bug; it is the featuer but you dshould know about it; read post for more information.

Regarding Trade not copied in my acount
Regarding Trade not copied in my acount
  • www.mql5.com
I subscribed a Signal but still not start copied to my account. My account connected with MQL5 VPS. Kindly check...

Sergey Golubev:

1. Autotrading on your local Metatrader should be OFF for the trading account ypou are using VPS with (because autotrading is always ON in VPS - MQL5 VPS is the other Metatrader such as "your second Metatrader in cloud").

2. Same with the signal subscription: if you are using subscription in VPS so you should untick "Enable realtime signal subscription" in your local Metatrader.

Some trades may be missed because of the mapping, and it is important about what was written in Metatrader journal/log (or in VPS journal/logs in case you are using VPS for subscription). Mapping is not a bug; it is the featuer but you dshould know about it; read post for more information.

This is all done automatically but trades are not executed. EA will not open trade and Signal neither. I can set EA on 1M TF and it opnes loads of trades within 5 mins but only if auto trading is ON and they are doubled so i presume that when VPS kicks in too. Although when i sync it again then auto trade is OFF but no trades happens i which should i checked after a day. It opnes loads trades when autotrade is ON so checking after a day is obvious that EA on VPS is not triggering. Same for signal. I just checked it with provider history of trades and they opened and closed trades but VPS did not.. Also No Errors in jurnal what so ever. Also no Sign of any logs about signal.. What keyword should work? Thank you Regards Pavol

Pavol Kohutik:

This is all done automatically but trades are not executed. EA will not open trade and Signal neither. I can set EA on 1M TF and it opnes loads of trades within 5 mins but only if auto trading is ON and they are doubled so i presume that when VPS kicks in too. Although when i sync it again then auto trade is OFF but no trades happen. Same for signal. I just checked it with provider history of trades and they openned and closed trades but VPS did not.. Thank you Regards Pavol

Everything is written on the VPS journal/logs.
Because MQL5 VPS is the other Metatrader but in cloud (and this Metatrader is not different from your home Metatrader so those two Metatraders are the same once).

Besides, if you are using EA and the signal subscription in one trading account in VPS so it may be the problem with open trades (it is written in the rules).
Besides, dll is prohibited in VPS so if your EA is using or trying to use dll - this EA will not trade on VPS.

So, check VPS journal/logs for possible errors or any (because everything should be writtenm in VPS logs).
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

Pavol Kohutik:

This is all done automatically but trades are not executed. EA will not open trade and Signal neither. I can set EA on 1M TF and it opnes loads of trades within 5 mins but only if auto trading is ON and they are doubled so i presume that when VPS kicks in too. Although when i sync it again then auto trade is OFF but no trades happens i which should i checked after a day. It opnes loads trades when autotrade is ON so checking after a day is obvious that EA on VPS is not triggering. Same for signal. I just checked it with provider history of trades and they opened and closed trades but VPS did not.. Also No Errors in jurnal what so ever. Also no Sign of any logs about signal.. What keyword should work? Thank you Regards Pavol

We can't say what is wrong, unless we see some MQL5 VPS (right click in the Navigator window) >> Journal logs.

Post a screenshot of these logs please.

Sergey Golubev:

Everything is written on the VPS journal/logs.
Because MQL5 VPS is the other Metatrader but in cloud (and this Metatrader is not different from your home Metatrader so those two Metatraders are the same once).

Besides, if you are using EA and the signal subscription in one trading account in VPS so it may be the problem with open trades (it is written in the rules).
Besides, dll is prohibited in VPS so if your EA is using or trying to use dll - this EA will not trade on VPS.

So, check VPS journal/logs for possible errors or any (because everything should be writtenm in VPS logs).

No errors in log..   notconnected to trade Server.

What does it mean

what would these mean ?

when i pull events around one of the time there is nothing suspicious

Would you know what it means Not connected to trade server?  DOes it mean it lost connection?  Also  when you look at the time sequence it is every hour.

Thanks man

Regards Pavol

Pavol Kohutik:

Would you know what it means Not connected to trade server?  DOes it mean it lost connection?  Also  when you look at the time sequence it is every hour.

Is it VPS journal/logs? Or is it your home Metatrader journal logs?
I think - it may be your Metatrader journal (not VPS journal), right?
Because if your signal subscription was migrated to VPS so you need to check VPS journal/logs.

Did you login to your trading account in Metatrader during/before migration of your charts with EAs attached?

----------------

1. And please check the general information related to the signal subscription (are you on MT4, right?):

How to Subscribe to MT4 Signal
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731
  (MT4)

2. about synchronization (MT4) - read this post

How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
  • www.mql5.com
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal: 1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 2...

Sergey Golubev:

Is it VPS journal/logs? Or is it your home Metatrader journal logs?
I think - it may be your Metatrader journal (not VPS journal), right?
Because if your signal subscription was migrated to VPS so you need to check VPS journal/logs.

Did you login to your trading account in Metatrader during/before migration of your charts with EAs attached?

----------------

1. And please check the general information related to the signal subscription (are you on MT4, right?):

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731
  (MT4)

2. about synchronization (MT4) - read this post

It is VPS Journal logs.  

1. I enabled the signals localy.

2 Put the TF charts on for EA and allowed trading

3. Synced all EA and Signals - autotrading went off + signals got unticked in menu as it was migrated to VPS

4. Checked the VPS journal logs later and getting above message just different time and only one chart (as i opened and synced one cart only to test it)

Sync happened before these log messages:

Also yes signal is in my account as you can see below:

Thank you

Regards

Pavol Kohutik:

It is VPS Journal logs.  

1. I enabled the signals localy.

2 Put the TF charts on for EA and allowed trading

3. Synced all EA and Signals - autotrading went off + signals got unticked in menu as it was migrated to VPS

4. Checked the VPS journal logs later and getting above message just different time and only one chart (as i opened and synced one cart only to test it)

Sync happened before these log messages:

Also yes signal is in my account as you can see below:

Thank you

Regards

I don't think you've ticked the: Enable realtime signal subscription, in Signals tab, before you synchronized with your MQL5 VPS.

Follow these instructions.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731  (MT4)

Post a screenshot of your local MT4 Signals tab, before the synchronization with your MQL5 VPS.

You are not using a Mac by any chance, because Signals are not available in Macs.

Reason: