Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 207

Whoever has these pairs can already look out for a divergence: eur/rub-bay, usd/rub-sell.

=========

I'm sitting here right now "tearing my hair out"!

I slept through such a good pair entry on Friday night! Buying the gold-silver spread (2:!). Straight up, not angry enough! If I had entered on Friday evening, I would have closed a good profit already in the morning at the point of convergence of price lines!

The hindsight is all pro-traders.

leonid553:

=========

I'm sitting here right now "tearing my hair out"!

I slept through such a good pair entry on Friday night! Buying the gold-silver spread (2:!). Straight up, not angry enough! If I had entered on Friday evening, I would have closed a good profit already in the morning at the point of convergence of price lines!

Leonid, now due to the closure of Broco, the Gold-Silver spread is becoming OVERALLY important!

Well there are some commodity tools in mt4. And they are promising to add more.

Speaking of spreads. On the FINAM forum (forum.finam.ru) I started and will continue during August of this month to describe all my seasonal deals online. Entry and exit are described in advance (!). The thread is called "Seasonal trading" (http://forum.finam.ru/index.php?showtopic=13324).

I try to describe the process of seasonal trading (spreads) so that the thread reads like a "thriller"! I have been visually trading online since July 28. Currently open positions in commodity spreads, sugar spread (plus)), wood spread (plus), coffee spread (breakeven), hog spread (plus) and bonds (minus). Closed cattle spreads (-$350) and bulls (+$1200) yesterday. Since the start of trading, the profit on funds is about a thousand dollars!

Online trading is implemented in MT4 platform (DC EXNESS, Insta, Grand Capital) and also in Finam's "exchange" futures platform "Multi Exchange". I think, for those who are tired of losing money on forex (as well as for everyone else), it will be interesting to follow the "reporting period" of commodity trading - until August 31!

Silver and gold have now diverged (see their price lines, green and blue in the upper indicator window). I assume that in 1-2 bars (m30) the convergence will begin (arrow indicates the direction of the total equity line in the lower window) and there is a good reason for a short-term buy.
SELL XAGUSD - BUY XAUUSD= 1^2 (or 2:3 - position size ratio)
Good luck to all!

Hello all !
Congratulations to those who have taken advantage of the recommendations !

Now at the point of convergence of price lines (and instrument prices) of silver and gold the total profit of positions
SELL XAGUSD - BUY XAUUSD = 0.2: 0.3
is about +110 dollars !

leonid553:

===========

In the download script (put it in the folder mt4/experts/scripts), which on the futures chart dynamically (even if the price Last - does not move), online shows the actual prices Ask and Bib, which will be executed orders to open/close position. In the MARKET OVERVIEW window the ticker of the analyzed futures must be present, - in this example - gasoline XRBN2#I

For example, at the current moment (see chart) on the illiquid commodity market, the price Last is displayed as 2.6991. However, - gasoline's buy position would close now at Bid=2.6957. And a sell position in gasoline would close at Ask=2.6985. When you open a position, it is the other way around.

The standard analogue of the indicator from the Broko's website is better not to be taken - because it shows the Ask-bid only once with the arrival of the new flipper - not dynamically.

In the top left corner - additionally, it shows asc-last-bid prices in lettering.

I don't understand what's wrong! The script comment in the top left corner has stopped working correctly. Ask and bid ticker prices in the comment change normally dynamically! But the price of LAST comment - "hangs" and remains as it was when installing the script on the chart! And this despite the fact that all three graphical lines (levels green-white-blue) asc-last-bid are displayed normally - dynamically!

Here, see. - on the chart for October gold GCV2 price flipper is already 1608.1, And in the comment hovered 1608.0 !

I noticed this glitch a few weeks ago, back in mt4 "Broco". Now I look in mt4 "Grand Capital" and it's the same! I blame (maybe I should) on some updates of mt4, because the script worked fine in previous builds for several years (since 2009)!

The script code is as follows:

//|                                                      #CFD Check# |
//|                                      Copyright © 2009, Leonid553 |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
#property copyright "Copyright © 2009, Leonid553"
#property link      "leonid553@yandex.ru"

#property show_inputs
//---Внешние параметры скрипта---
extern string Tiker = "#I";
extern color  Сolor_AskTiker  = Lime;//цвет линии Ask
extern color  Сolor_BidTiker  = Aqua;//цвет линии Bid
extern int    LineWidth       = 1;   //толщина линий

string _tiker;
double Ask_Tiker, Bid_Tiker;
string name;
//-------------------------------------------

int init() //создаем горизонт. линии на графике
 {
  ObjectCreate("lowline",OBJ_HLINE,0,0,0,0,0);
  ObjectCreate("highline",OBJ_HLINE,0,0,0,0,0); 
  ObjectSet("lowline", OBJPROP_BACK,1); 
  ObjectSet("highline", OBJPROP_BACK,1);
  _tiker  = Symbol()+Tiker;//присваиваем наименование тикеру
 }

//-------------------------------------------
int deinit()
 {
  ObjectDelete("lowline"); ObjectDelete("highline"); // удаляем линии с экрана
  Comment("");
 }

//-------------------------------------------------
int start() //Функция СТАРТ
 {
  while(!IsStopped()) //зацикливаем код советника :
   {
    //RefreshRates();    
    //Задаем цены аск и бид тикера
    Ask_Tiker = MarketInfo(_tiker,MODE_ASK);
    Bid_Tiker = MarketInfo(_tiker,MODE_BID);

Comment ( //отображаем тикер и все цены на графике
    " Тикер  =  ", _tiker ,"\n",
    "Ask_Tiker = ",Ask_Tiker,"\n",
    "Last_Price= ",Ask,"\n",
    "Bid_Tiker = ",Bid_Tiker);

//устанавливаем горизонтальные линии на ценах аск и бид
    name = "highline";
    if(ObjectFind(name) < 0) ObjectCreate(name, OBJ_HLINE, 0,0,0);
    ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_PRICE1, Ask_Tiker);
    ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_COLOR , Сolor_AskTiker);
    ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_STYLE , 0);
    ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_WIDTH , LineWidth);

name = "lowline";
    if(ObjectFind(name) < 0) ObjectCreate(name, OBJ_HLINE, 0,0,0);
    ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_PRICE1, Bid_Tiker);
    ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_COLOR , Сolor_BidTiker);
    ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_STYLE , 0);
    ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_WIDTH , LineWidth);
     Sleep(300);
   }//конец цикла
 }//Конец функции СТАРТ

Please advise (who knows), what can be the reason for the glitch?

Files:
scr_tiker.mq4  3 kb

Maybe try adding in a comment
DoubleToStr

Leonid, is there anywhere to see your trading curve now?

Are gold spreads with other metals possible too?

Three posts above (07.08.2012 07:46) I gave a link to the FINAM forum, where I have started and will continue for the month of August only online description of all my seasonal trades (mostly spreads). Entries and exits are described in advance (!). And weekly trading results. Maybe from September - I'll continue such online trading here (and more than one).

---------------------------

DoubleToStr - not quite sure how and instead of what to apply.

Comment ( //display ticker and all prices on the chart
"Last_Price= ",Ask, ... - ...seems to be much simpler!

-------------------------------

Probably possible, - gold with platinum for example, the MRCI website sometimes gives recommendations. But this is a risky spread. Copper and silver (HG-SI=2:1) are also risky. If only you work with fractional lots... Now in mt4 Grand Capital we have introduced futures metals (SI, GC, PL, PA, HG ... ) and commodities - three contracts of each instrument.

===========================

==========================

Found how to lose the glitch! Removed blocking from

"//RefreshRates();"

and everything worked fine.

Reason: