Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 100

You bastard, that's...

Information to think about.

=====================================

Meat futures
Futures contracts for livestock products - live cattle, pork and beef - began trading on the Chicago CME in the 1960s. They were the first exchange-traded contracts for commodities not subject to warehousing. They are traded on the pits of the CME trading floor and traded electronically on the CME Globex system.

//-------------------------------------------------

Beef

Live Cattle. Live Cattle is a supply contract for 40,000 pounds of live cattle (fattened bulls), ticker LE (217K). Delivery months: February, April, June
Exchange: CME
/-----------------------------

Beef

Feeder cattle. Feeder Cattle - delivery futures for 50,000 pounds of cattle (young steers on fattening), ticker GF (25K).
Delivery months: January, March, April, May, August, September, October, November

/----------------------------------------------------

Pork
Lean Pork. Lean Hogs is a supply contract for 40,000 pounds of lean pork carcasses,ticker HE (133K).
Delivery months: February, April, June, July, August, October, December

/------------------------------------------------------

Pork
Frozen Pork Bacon. Frozen Pork Bellies is a delivery futures for 40,000 pounds of frozen pork bacon, ticker GPB (1K).
Delivery months: February, March, May, July, August

//-------------------------------------------------------------------

gf & le

Today's news release (MSC) :

18:00, Meat Price Spreads (ERS) report
23:00, Cattle on Feed (NASS)

There may be some movement in the Meat Price Spreads.

//----------------------------------------------

Seasonal movements : long LE & short HE

rid >>:

Скотина, вот. . .

cattle delta still at very low level, risky to enter

And for pork the situation is more interesting but the spread on bacon per lot is on average $800

so don't go there.

Good evening, everyone!

My turkeys have suddenly gone "off the rails". At first I didn't know what was wrong.

But then I saw that the server was cheekily erasing yesterday's quotes!

For gold, for some currency futures.

And the cattle, too...

Is it just me or does it happen to everybody else ?

//-----------------------------------------

The enemy does not sleep ! -

rid писал(а) >>

Good evening, everyone!

My turkeys have suddenly gone "off the rails". At first I didn't know what was wrong.

But then I saw that the server was cheekily erasing yesterday's quotes!

For gold, for some currency futures.

Yeah, and the cattle, too...

Is it just me or does it happen to everybody else ?

//-----------------------------------------

The enemy does not sleep ! -

same thing.

forex-k >>:

дельта по скотине еще на очень низком уровне, входить рискованно

On coffee on your turkeys how is the situation ?

//----------------------------------------------------

Coffee market review for the week 5 - 11 February 2010
15.02.2010 Coffee prices changed multidirectionally during the reporting period. Arabica coffee for March 2010 in New York rose 0.5%, while Robusta coffee for March 2010 in London fell 0.8%.
The closing price for Arabica coffee for March 2010 was 132.20 cents/lb on the New York NYBOT (ICE) exchange on Thursday 11 February 2010.
The estimated closing price for Robusta coffee was $1,300/t for March futures on the London Euronext exchange (LIFFE) on Thursday, February 11, 2010.
The NYBOT New York exchange coffee futures trading positions report as of February 2, 2010, shows that the net long position of large investment funds decreased to 2,206 lots (-7,671 lots for the week). The net short position of trading houses fell to 21529 lots (-9639 lots for the week). Net long position of small speculators decreased to 1323 lots (-1968 lots for the week). Index traders' net long position decreased to 55485 lots (-2313 lots for the week). Index-traders' long position share in combined open interest (including futures and options) decreased to 36.4% in the reporting period. Open interest in futures fell to 128899 lots (-1113 lots for the week).

NYBOT's certified arabica coffee stocks increased to 2,902,541 60kg bags as of 11 February 2010 (+7202 bags to 4 February 2010).

International Coffee Organization Executive Director Nestor Osorio said global coffee prices will remain high. This will be due to continued growth in consumption and possible supply disruptions.

rid >>:

По кофе на твоих индюках как ситуация ?

For coffee, the situation is just wait-and-see.

The delta level is very low.

There are only two futures pairs that are promising to buy the spread at the moment

they are gold-silver and sugar futures

and in short term you can scalp on ZB - ZN in case of sharp delta rises

although you can find other instruments, but i can't yet cover all the futures market available in B.

As far as I understand one thing, without an excessive profit ambitions and decent depo, you can make money without much effort and open counter orders at a right time.

On average, orders can hang from two days to several months.

Reason: