Hidden divergence - page 6

Sorry if you missed it, I will repeat the questions

Do you have statistical studies on the reliability of Divergence (Convergence) signals ? On what time interval do you prefer to work? (ie on what time interval signals are more reliable). Are there any restrictions (cancellations) on the distance between the maxima (minima)?

Sorry for so many questions, but this is a really interesting topic that has not been discussed for a long time. Thank you in advance if you decide to share your knowledge.

YuraZ писал (а) >>

So this is what I was talking about and what I drew

and the indicator I showed is exactly what distinguishes divergences from convergences

--

of course, it does not distinguish between them perfectly - there are glitches

but in most cases it does.

but the settings may be different - I think this is understandable and therefore a conflict may arise.

---

I really do not understand why you think I do this arbitrarily

the illustration above is exactly the same as the classics and your description

I think that to avoid confusion with the terms divergence and convergence, we should use the following terminology: 1) bearish convergence; 2) bearish divergence;

3) bullish convergence; 4) bullish divergence. These 4 types of divergence are the most important ones for trading and they exclude ambiguous understanding of their meaning. 1) and 4) are also called

hidden divergence.

Geronimo писал (а) >>

And I didn't get any answers - I support Sergei

It's kind of strange, dear man, you've been writing about some 30 million dollar projects while you're shimmying around looking for a freebie. Why do not you hire a researcher for this case with such funds?

Integer писал (а) >>

It's kind of strange, dear man, you've been writing about some 30 million dollar projects, while you've been shimmying around looking for a freebie. Why don't you hire a researcher for the cause, with such funds?

I don't confuse professional activity (project manager) with hobby. Forex is a hobby for me. Russia allocated $100 million last year for projects related to the stock market. Unfortunately, I did not get anything and I am "screwing around" here trying to scrape together at least a couple. Can you help me? Was it you personally, Dimitri, or did I hurt you and you are stingy? Or the pursuit of knowledge is a vicious activity? I am deleting my posts, so as not to provoke an inadequate response. I didn't want to offend anyone with this topic. I will continue this topic on my page and in personal correspondence. Zosimus bids you farewell.

I didn't get any of that $100 million either, I can't help it.

Prival писал (а) >>

s2101

Do you have any statistical studies on the reliability of Divergence (Convergence) signals ? On which time interval do you prefer to work? (ie on what time interval signals are more reliable). Are there any restrictions (cancellations) on the distance between the maxima (minima)?

Sorry for so many questions, but this is a really interesting topic that has not been discussed for a long time. Thanks in advance if you share your knowledge.

I get the impression that people here are engaged in verbiage. Some cannot learn to distinguish divergence from convergence, others say that signals are not valid because they are signals, others say that the slope of lines can be changed by changing the scale or by parallel transfer, and other nonsense. That is, people have no idea what they are talking about. More specifically, the reason is poor knowledge of the basics of thechanalysis and arbitrary interpretation of the terms and their essence.
Your question is the first competent and important question asked of me in this forum. Thank you.
For this reason, I will not answer you now, but propose to read two articles, which have become the first (only the first) brick of high precision trading system SK-FX, demonstrated at Forex Expo Kiev 2007. After reading them (if you wish) we can continue the conversation.

Files:

s2101 писал (а) >>

I have the impression that people are engaged in verbiage. Some cannot learn to distinguish divergence from convergence, others say that the signals do not work because they are signals, others say that the slope of lines can be changed by changing the scale or by parallel shift and other nonsense. That is, people have no idea what they are talking about. More specifically, the reason is poor knowledge of the basics of tehanalysis and arbitrary interpretation of terms and their essence.
Your question is the first competent and important question asked of me in this forum. Thank you.
For this reason, I will not answer you now, but propose to read two articles, which have become the first (only the first) brick of high precision trading system SK-FX, demonstrated at Forex Expo Kiev 2007. After acquaintance (if you wish) we can continue this conversation.

I get the same impression from you if someone once called reverse divergence (not price divergence relative to an indicator, but indicator divergence relative to price) a convergence, and even if it is written so by the masters of tehanalysis, it does not mean that such a phenomenon is called a convergence. Convergence is "convergence". Where is convergence in your pictures? In one case price goes up, the indicator goes down, in the other case price goes down, the indicator goes up. Where is the divergence? Both are a case of divergence. For the convergence SK has correctly written - we should measure the gradients.

khorosh писал (а) >>

I think that to avoid confusion with the terms divergence and convergence we should use the following terminology: 1) bearish convergence; 2) bearish divergence;

3) bullish convergence; 4) bullish divergence. These 4 types of divergence are the most important ones for trading and they exclude ambiguous understanding of their meaning. 1) and 4) are also called the latent divergence.

You are absolutely right about four types of signals. But they do not cease to be either divergence or convergence. And the change of terminology always leads from small to large confusion.

A miraculous transformation. And just from what the indicator has now drawn above the price chart.

Please elaborate. What do you mean? Just because someone has written about something somewhere doesn't mean that everyone has read it.
Reason: