GBPUSD Forex Channel Trading
The indicator works only with GBPUSD. If you want to work with other financial instruments, use the Forex Channel Trading indicator. This indicator forms a signal for opening a buy (arrow up) or a sell (arrow down) order. It can also be used as a signal to close a previously opened order. For instance, a buy signal can be considered as a signal to close an order which has been opened for selling. The indicator works on any time frame. The indicator can be used in strategies based on trading by channels.
Minimum number of settings:
- w = 0 - draws arrows.
- w = 1 - draws lines instead of arrows (may be necessary if the chart has many other elements which encumber arrows visibility).
- br = 0 - processes all bars; the main operating mode (in this mode arrows are displayed).
- br = 20 - positive number - number of last bars being processed. In this mode channel lines are formed. Arrows are not displayed.
Signal arrows are displayed on the chart despite the number of specified bars (more than 20).
Added parameters allowing the indicator to display signal arrival messages:
- Sound (FALSE/TRUE) - signal message window (implemented using Alert operator).
- Email (FALSE/TRUE) - send a signal message via email (implemented using SendMail operator).
- SNotification (FALSE/TRUE) - send a signal message to a mobile device (implemented using SendNotification operator).
- info_time – used only if one of the variables (Sound, Email or SNotification) is set to TRUE.
The parameter defines that a new signal message is sent no earlier than after a specified number of minutes after sending the current notification. For example, the parameter is set to 15. A signal notification was sent in 17:03. A new signal appears in 17:13, but the notification is not sent. The next notification of a signal detected in 17:36 is sent, since the interval between the notifications exceeds the value of 15 minutes set in info_time parameter.