Volume at Price Demo
Volume at Price indicator gives an approximation of volume at each price level. Volume is vital when determining which price level is strong and which is not.
With this indicator which estimates the volume at each price level by using some sort of statistical techniques along with Tick Volume, you will be able to detect the areas of high volume and the areas of low volume or even volume divergence and gaps in volume.
Interpretation of the volume chart is estimated by the user: some traders will use high volume areas as strong support or resistant levels, whereas others will use areas with low volume as the strong level of support or resistant levels. It can't be used as stand alone indicator, use it as decision support tool that confirms trading decisions of your own strategy.
- Shows Volume profile for Visible bars range on the chart.
- Shows Volume Profile for entire History of the a time frame
- Shows Volume Profile for multiple periods on the same charts(Days, weeks, Months)
- Ability to create Volume Profile for Custom Periods Using a variety of givem options of how to selects the Period(Bars Count, Dated Profile, Combined Profiles, Cycle Line Tool)
- Creating Multiple Periods Profiles using Fixed intervals
- works with CFDs such as metals, stocks by enabling CFDs mode.
- Customized Tick value.
- Hide Button- Hides the Profile form the chart to make chart more visible for the user if needed.
- Clear Button Clears all created profile from the chart
- Scale Button Scale the Chart to Show invisible parts of the profiles if exist(Above or below current levels)
1. Magic Number: Indicator's Magic Number Use Unique number for each VAP indicator you put on the chart "Max Number of indicators you can add is 3 "
2. Profile Creation Method: Select the Profile Creation method from the drop down list:
- Visible Range Profile: Shows the Profile for the visible range of bars on the chart Moving the chart Right or left will change the profile
- All Time Frame History Profile : Shows the volume Profile for the entire history of the time frame you are on
- Multi Period Profile: shows the volume profile for a selected number (Days, Weeks, Months) Separately on the same chart. with each profile created represents a one unit of Period selected ( Day, Week, Month) from the start of that period on the chart.
- Custom Period Profile: This drop down list Gives you ability to create custom volume profile according to the period of your choice.
3. Custom Period Selection by: drop down list determines how to determine the custom Period
- Cycle Line : Use Cycle Line tool To Determine the start and the End Of the Wave or the period you want to see profile for. Note : Always draw from Left To Right
- Start Date & Ending Date: Select Period by determining the starting time and ending time
- Start Time till Now: Period profile from start date till current time
- Bars Count : Crate Profile using Bars Count
- Combined Profile for x Period : This Property combines multiple profile for X Periods into one profile. for example you can create 20 day profile by selecting this property and set period to 20 and select Main time frame (Daily).
4. Main Time Frame: Select the Main Time frame for Multi Period Profile or Combined period profile. for example if you want to show volume profile for 20 days back separately from Profile Creation Method List Select Multi Period Profile, Then from this List Select Daily, then from Period Property set Number of profile 20. EXP 2 if you want to combine20 days profiles then From Profile Creation Method Select Custom Period Profile, then Custiom Period Selection By Select Combined Profile, Main Time Frame List Select Daily, and from Period set 20, this will show combined profile for 20 days.
5. Number Of Periods: Set number of periods of bars of the selected profile* Min Period figure 2
6. Interval: Period Interval. if you use Multi period Profile Creation method and set this property greater than 1 for example 2 and you set Period Property to 20 this will create profile for 20 priods with each profile represent 2 days. IN other words this will draw 40 days profile broken down into 2 days profile for each.
7. Starting Date: Profile Start Date for date driven profiles
8. Ending Date: Profile Ending date for Date driven profiles *** Ending Date Must always be greater than starting date
9-15. Select Default Sub Time Frame for each main time frame from which the indicator will calculate its value * Sub Time Frame Must always be lower than higher or the main time frame. for example you can't select a week as a default sub time frame for a daily time frame. if you do so the indicator will do nothing
16. Auto Detect CFDs: if it is set it to true as default. if you attach the indicator to a CFD (Metals, Stoks, etc) instrument will be detected automatically and use the Custom Tick
17. Instrument is Commodity or Stock: set it to true if you want to set your own Tick Value, don't forget to set Auto Detect CFDs to false for this to work
18. Custom Tick Value: Use the tick value of your choice according to your estimate for exable you can use 0. 1 for gold * can't be less than 0. 01
19. Right To Left Profile: if true profile will be showed from right to left, if false profile will be showed from Left to Right
20. Show Profile Only of Selected Time Frame: if true the indicator will work only on the selected time frame
21. Selected time Frame To show Profile: the selected time frame to show profile on
22. Histogram Width: Width of the Histogram bar in Points if you reduce this number this gives you more levels however affects the performance. it's recommended to set it to 2 or more if instrument is highly volatile such as Gold, GBPJPY etc.
23. Solid Histogram Bar: if true bars will be shaded, if false bars will be hollow
24. Highlight High Or low Volume Zone: if true indicator will highlight high or low volume zones on the profile
25. Highlight Zone with: Drop down list to select the area of High, Low, Both Hig Low areas to highlight
26. High Volume Threshold: the Percentage of high volume above average
27. Low Volume Threshold: the Percentage of low volume below average
28. Use PreSet Color Scheme: Select true if you want to select from premade color scheme
29. Premade color Scheme: RedBlue, BlackWhite, BlackGreen
30-34. Indicator Bars Colors: Colors of histogram bars
1. Interval: this property allows you to create multiple periods Profiles with a fixed interval for example you may create 3 Days profile interval for 20 periods this will show 20 profiles on the chart with each one represent 3 days or what ever Timeframe you select (Month, Week, day) in other word showing 60 days profile divided into 3 days for each profile : to enable it select from Profile creation method : Multiple period profile, then from the main time frame select the desired profile period, then select the Periods count you want then on the interval property select 2 or 3 or whatever interval you want.
2. Color Scheme: you can select preset color scheme for the chart from 3 color (Green & Black, Blue Red, White Black)
Some amendments were made to the indicator to enhance the accuracy with regard to volume calculation.
- New parameters list with more functions and more organized properties list
- New profile creation methods were added:
- All Time Frame History Profile: Show the volume profile for the entire history of an instrument.
- Multi Period Profile: Show the volume profile for selected number of periods (Days, Weeks, Months) separately all on the same chart.
- Start date and Ending date Profile: Show the volume profile from Starting date to Ending date determined.
- Start Date till now profile: Show the volume profile from Starting date until the current time.
- Modified custom period creation method using Cycle Line tool, so that now you can create as much profiles as you want using the cycle line tool without deleting the previous profile created.
- Added Hide button: show or hide profile from the chart if needed.
- Added Clear button: delete profiles created by Cycle Line tool specially or clear any profiles on the chart also. Be careful when using it.
- To find out more about how to use the indicator, please check the Comments tab of the product page.
2. Added the two new profile creation methods (by date and by bars count) in addition to methods from the previous version. All methods can be found on the drop-down list in the parameters window.
3. New option to show profile from right to left or from left to right.
4. Added the "Scale" button to the upper right corner of the chart. This make you able to move the chart up or down to show parts of the profile which are not visible on the chart.
Ability to add more than VAP indicators up to 3 all on the same chart at the same time. This can be used to add multiple VAP indicators with different settings.
New Feature to select different default sub time frame for each major time frame
- Ability to highlight high or low volume area with different color.