Multi Symbol Moving Average Cross Over
How to use?
As the name suggests, attach it on 1 chart and it trades on multiple symbols on two moving average cross over. Aside from cross over logic, I added an option where you can use it for trend following, which means it opens trade based on the condition: if fast ma is above or below slow ma.
3 ways of closing the trade:
- Close On Reverse Logic - if set to true, it will close buy trade if logic for sell trade is true, vice versa.
- ATR TP, SL, and Trail - Average True Range Size multiplied by X inputs, I use ATR instead of pips to make it more compatible across symbols.
- Equity Closing - it will close all trades in the entire terminal if the value was reached. You can choose Equity Money or Equity Percentage.
- Symbol to Trade,separated by comma(,) - Type the symbol you want to trade separated by a comma(,) e.g "EURUSD,GBPUSD,USDJPY,XAUUSD,Bitcoin" it should "match case formatting" on market watch. You can input as many as you want, as long as you have enough margin.
- Choose Lot
- Lot Sizing(.01 for every X inputs) - If chosen, if you input 1000 and your balance is 1000, lot size will be .01 and if your account balance grows to 2000, lot size will be .02. formula (Balance/X input * .01).
- Fix Lot - Input Fix lot value.
- Close_On_Reverse_Logic - Close trade on reverse logic.
- Choose Strategy - The Option to choose between Cross Over and Trend following.
- Show_Account_Info - If true, shows on chart info on current Account Equity Profit/Loss in Percentage and Money, and total account open trade.
- Fast_MA_Period - Input value.
- Fast MA Method - Drop list value.
- Applied Price - Drop list value.
- Slow_MA Period - Input value.
- Slow MA Method - Drop list value.
- Applied Price - Drop list value.
-----ATR TP SL Settings(Symbol)-----
- ATR_PERIOD - Input value.
- ATR Stop Loss Multiplier - Multiplies the size of ATR to be used as stop loss, relative to the order open price.
- ATR Take Profit Multiplier - Multiplies the size of ATR to be used as take profit, relative to the order open price.
- ATR Trail Stop Multiplier - Multiplies the size of ATR to be used as Trail Stop.
- ATR Trail Step Multiplier - Multiplies the size of ATR to be used as Trail Step. Trail step is the step movement when the trail stop is to be modified. This is made to avoid excessive order modification requests than can cause your account to be disabled by your broker.
- Trail Start on Breakeven - If set to true, it will only trail if the calculated trail stop value is in favor to your breakeven price, (Above breakeven price for buy, below breakeven price for sell).
- Choose Equity TP SL - The option to choose Equity money and Equity Percentage.
----------Equity Money(0 to Deactivate)
- Equity Stop Loss Money - Input value.
- Equity Take Profit Money - Input value.
----------Equity Percentage(0 to Deactivate)
- Equity Stop Loss Percentage - Input value.
- Equity Take Profit Percentage - Input value.
When back testing does not start immediately, it may be caused by your terminal downloading the tick history of the symbol, especially if it's the first time that you've tested the symbol or on that time period. To check status of the download, go to back testing Agents or Journal tab.
Default settings are not the optimal settings, it's the basic principle of two moving averages crossing each other. if you have run some optimization and back test and find an interesting profitable result, you can send set file on this telegram channel https://t.me/multisymbolmaXover