PZ Equity Guardian EA MT4
- PZ TRADING SLU
- Version: 4.4
- Updated: 24 June 2022
- Activations: 100
This Expert Advisor constantly monitors the equity of your trading account to prevent costly drawdowns and/or to comply with trading rules. When a certain set of rules are breached, the EA will alert, close all trades and in some cases, delete all pending orders. Optionally, it can also close all charts to remove all EAs operating in the account. This EA is particularly useful for Prop Trading Challenges, such as the FTMO Challenge or PZ Challenge.
[ Installation Guide | Update Guide | Troubleshooting | FAQ | All Products ]
The following features are implemented and can be enabled or disabled at will:
- Equity Maximum Loss a.k.a as Trailing Equity Drawdown
- Daily Equity Maximum Loss
- Equity Profit Target
- Equity Trailing Stop
- Close all trades on Friday night
Other benefits are:
- Dead easy to use
- Useful for Prop Trading firms and Traders
- It implements alerts of all kinds
- Reports to the terminal
- It calculates the maximum equity and daily equity by itself
- It uses global variables to store account and daily equity watermarks
- It executes every tick and displays information on the chart
- It monitors all trades and magic numbers on the account
- It can be used with the investor password and will monitor and alert on breaches
How to get started
- Load the EA once a single chart
- Do not load the EA in other chart
- Customize your events and setttings
- Leave the EA alone and never close that chart
How to use it for Prop Trading Challenges
This EA is useful for Prop Trading Firms or Traders as it encapsulates all the rules of the FTMO Challenge or the PZ Challenge. Any Prop Trading Firm can use this EA to monitor breaches of the trading rules, whereas a trader can use it to avoid breaking the rules of the firm or other fixed criteria he deems adequate. If you are a trader, make sure to enter restrictive values that stop your trading before the actual rules are broken, for instance, if the Max Daily Equity Loss possible is 2%, make sure to stop your trading when it reaches 1%.
- Watermark: You can manually set the equity to use as watermark. A value of zero means that the EA auto-calculates it.
- Profit Target: The equity profit target for the account expressed in percentage. A value of zero disables this feature.
- Maximum Loss: The maximum equity loss possible for the account expressed in percentage. A value of zero disables this feature.
- Maximum Daily Loss: The maximum daily loss possible for the account expressed in percetage. A value of zero disables this feature.
- Equity Trailing Stop: A trailing stop for the account profit expressed in percentage. A value of zero disables this feature.
- GMT Time to store daily equity: The EA will store the daily equity once every 24 hours at this time.
- GMT Time to close trades on Friday: Time to close trades on friday night.
- Stop EAs on Max Loss: Choose i¡automated trading must be stopped when the max loss is reached.
- Stop EAs on Max Daily Loss: Choose if automated trading must be stopped when the daily max loss is reached.
- Stop EAs on Profit Target: Choose if automated trading must be stopped when the profit target is reached.
- Stop EAs on Equity Trailing Stop: Choose if automated trading must be stopped when the trailing stop is executed.
- Close trades on Friday: Enable or disable the closing of trades on friday night.
- Alert Name: Custom alert name for the alert messages.
- Display Alerts: Enable or disable visual alerts.
- Email Alerts: Enable or disable email alerts.
- Push Alerts: Enable or disable push alerts.
- Sound File: Name of sound file to play on visual alerts.
- Label Color: Color of the text objects on the screen.
- Slippage: Maximum slippage in points to close trades.
Arturo López Pérez, private investor and speculator, software engineer and founder of Point Zero Trading Solutions.
The drawdown calculation is wrong and doesn't work properly. I received an email alert from the EA that the max. loss limit was reached and all windows were clsoed. But how can that happen when there were either no trades on that day or I had a few trades which were far below the max. loss value?! The EA is therefore faulty. I already wrote an email to the author. No response at all!
Edit: the author replied to me and regarding the drawdown he told me the following: "The EA uses a max trailing equity condition to close trades. So it could be triggered by the highest equity achieved many days ago"
The behaviour is not as described in the EA description. In the EA description and in the settings of the EA the daily max. loss can be specified and no where there is any setting or information how many days of the past are considered!
For the the max. daily loss is important and needs to be calculated each day as descripted in the EA description. Calculating the drawdown of several days in the past is useless! I asked the author to update the EA accordingly