Standard Pivot Point Plotter
OverviewThis is the Standard version in the Pivot Point Plotter Series. It is a robust indicator that dynamically calculates and plots STANDARD daily pivot points on your chart irrespective of intra day timeframe, on which the indicator is placed.
Kindly note that it is a DAILY Pivot Point Plotter for DAY TRADERS who trade on intra day timeframes (i.e., M1, M5, M15, M30, H1 and H4) on MT4 platform. This indicator is an absolute day trader companion.
- Dynamically calculates and plots Daily Pivot Points (Central Pivot Point, R1, R2, R3, S1, S2 and S3)
- Includes option to calculate and plot mid points
- Daily pivot points are plotted irrespective of intraday timeframe, on which you trade, i.e. M1, M5, M15, M30, H1 and H4 timeframes. Daily pivot points do not change when you change timeframe
- Values for previous days are contained in the buffer and can be viewed in the data window. This is particularly useful if you want to understand how price behaves around pivot points
- Fully customizable options (see Input Parameters section)
- Can be configured to send daily email of Daily Pivot points
- Can be configured to send daily notification of Daily Pivot points to mobile terminal
- Can be used in EAs using iCustom to get data from the appropriate buffer (see Indicator Buffers section for details)
- sendEmail - send email to email address configured in MT4
- pushNotification - push notification to the mobile terminal
- drawPP - draw Pivot Point
- drawR1 - draw Resisitance 1
- drawR2 - draw Resisitance 2
- drawR3 - draw Resisitance 3
- drawS1 - draw Support 1
- drawS2 - draw Support 2
- drawS3 - draw Support 3
- drawMidPoint - draw Mid Points
- lineDisplay - draw pivot lines on whole chart or on right boarder of chart
- midpointlinecolor - line color of Mid Points
- midpointlinestyle - line style of Mid Points
- pivotpointlinecolor - line color of Central Pivot Point
- pivotpointlinestyle - line style of Central Pivot Point
- supportlinecolor - line color of Support lines (S1, S2 and S3)
- supportlinestyle - line style of Support lines (S1, S2 and S3)
- resistancelinecolor - line color of Resistance lines (R1, R2 and R3)
- resistancelinestyle - line style of Resistance lines (R1, R2 and R3)
- labeltextfontsize - font size of Text Label
- linelabelcolor - color of Text Label
- textlabelposition - position of the Text Label
- Saves time as you never have to manually calculate daily pivots again...NEVER (see how the PPP series can save your money and time in How The PPP Series Help Save Time and Money section)
- Makes use of data from your broker's platform so you do not need to rely on the already calculated pivot points from some websites on the Internet whose data might be different from your broker's
- Fully customizable, so that you only display pivot points that you use in your startegy (See Input Parameters section for a full list of customizable options)
- Can be used on all instruments on MetaTrader 4
- Buffer 0 - Central Pivot Point
- Buffer 1 - Resistance 3
- Buffer 2 - Resistance 2
- Buffer 3 - Resistance 1
- Buffer 4 - Support 1
- Buffer 5 - Support 2
- Buffer 6 - Support 3
How the PPP Series Helps Save Time and Money
Let's assume that:
- 5 minutes is spent each day calculating and plotting pivot points on a single chart
- Your 1 hour labour/work is worth $7.25 (Federal Minimum Wage in the United States)
- There are 20 trading days in a month
These assumptions are reasonable and are highly conservative. With the above data, let's calculate how much time and money you would save in a year of owning Daily Pivot Indicator.
Amount of time spent calculating and plotting pivot points in a month = 5 * 20 = 100 min (20 trading days in a month). Amount of time spent calculating and plotting pivot points in a year = 100 * 12 (months in a year) = 1 200 min. Convert 1 260 min to hours = 1200/60 = 20 hours. Monetize 20 hours of work = 20 * 7.25 = $145.
The analysis above shows that with the most conservative assumptions, you would spend 20 hours yearly calculating and plotting pivot points. The time spent would have amounted to $145 of effort.
If you trade 2 pairs, that would be $290 in a year. It would be $435 if you trade 3 currency pairs. Imagine how much it would be if you trade 5 or more currencies.
With the analysis above, you can immediately see how much time and money is spent doing what you consider the simplest thing in the world.
Invest your time wisely in your strategy and let daily pivot do the hard work of calculating and plotting your daily pivot points.