News on chart
The indicator displays economic news on the currency chart (the appropriate data must be downloaded from the Internet - please see the download instructions on the screenshots provided). The list of currencies (countries) is customizable. By default it shows all currencies. The main parameters come with a built-in description. In addition, there are parameters for advanced users. News items are divided into 3 categories by degree of importance. There is a great flexibility in display parameter settings. Furthermore, the indicator has three buffers with offset to allow for its use when developing an EA that filters operation by expected news releases.
The calendar needs to be updated once, at the beginning of each week (or you can re-download data at any time if you want to update the information and see the values of released economic indices). By default, the indicator displays current week data but you can independently set the initial date (in which case you will need to download data available in the Internet for all weeks starting from the selected date).
All parameters of the indicator have already been set to ensure normal operation.
P.S. There is a version of this indicator that downloads data automatically but it requires the use of DLL (not allowed on the Market). So if you have any questions regarding automation of this process, feel free to contact me via private messages.
To download the calendar data automatically, use the special tool (EA): https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/7759.
- UsePureSiteData - sign of unprocessed source data usage by the indicator (the data is downloaded by a free tool via the link in the description);
- UseCommonFolder - sign of using the common terminal folder for the calendar data files;
- Start publication from - data display start date (the current week will be displayed if the field is left blank), do not set an overly distant date, this could cause the terminal to freeze;
- DopCurrencyName - name of the currencies (countries) to display the news, the currencies must be listed separated by commas, or enter "***" to display news on every currency;
- Create additional text for news - enable the display of additional information;
- Show info before X minutes - display the information X minutes before;
- Show info after X minutes - display the information X minutes after;
- GMT hours offset for broker time - GMT offset of the broker time;
- Show 'High' importent news - display news with high significance level;
- Show 'Medium' importent news - display news with medium significance level;
- Show 'Low' importent news - display news with low significance level;
- Vertical points from prev object - vertical indent between the news objects;
- Show vertical lines - display vertical lines on bars with news;
- Turn on/off news alerts - enable alerts;
- Do alerts before X minutes from news - display an alert X minutes before the news;
- Alert sound on/off - enable sound notification about the news;
- SoundName - file name for the sound notification;
- 'High' importent news color - color for news with high significance level;
- 'Medium' importent news color - color for news with medium significance level;
- 'Low' importent news color - color for news with low significance level;
- Vertical line style - style of the vertical lines
- Main text font name - font name of the main text;
- Main text font size - font size of the main text;
- Main text corner - binding corner of the main text;
- Main text Y shift - up/down offset of the text from the binding corner;
- Main text vertical space - space between the lines;
- Main text X0 shift - offset for the first information column;
- Main text X1 shift - offset for the second information column;
- Main text X2 shift - offset for the third information column;
- Main text X3 shift - offset for the fourth information column;
- Additional info text font name - font name of the additional text;
- Additional info text font size - font size of the additional text;
- Additional info text use back - sign of background binding of the additional text;
- Additional info text angle - display corner of the additional text;
- Additional info text color - color of the additional text;
- Use buffers shift - enable buffer offset (do not disable this parameter in order to see the news "arrows" on the chart beforehand);
- Bars count buffers shift - indicator buffer offset to display the news "arrows" beforehand (leave this parameter equal to 0 to automatically calculate the offset);
- Arrow high news code - symbol code of the arrow for the news with high significance level;
- Arrow medium news code - symbol code of the arrow for the news with medium significance level;
- Arrow low news code - symbol code of the arrow for the news with low significance level;
2. Added the ability to receive the calendar data from the "website data file" downloaded using "Data auto loader for News on Chart indicator" utility (https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/7759) when the similar parameter is enabled (the utility version 1.2 or higher is required).
UsePureSiteData=true - enable the built-in data conversion into CSV format for further use, false - data in CSV format only is downloaded.