Vola Alarm shows how much the current price of a bar moved since its opening in % of average price movement. If the adjusted level is exceeded, the alarm is triggered.
It is very helpful to know: 'In which pair is movement?' The product is interesting for strategies like: 'Open order in opposite direction' or 'Follow strong movement'. The indicator is applicable in every period.
A comment in the chart window shows the average of Highs - Lows in points of last x bars.
Next it shows Bid - Open of current bar in points and in % of average of last bars.
Additionally, it shows the current spread in points.
- UpMax = 120: if Bid - Open of the current bar exceeds 120% of average, UpAlarm is triggered
- DnMax = 120: if Open - Bid of the current bar exceeds 120% of average, DownAlarm is triggered
- CalcBars = 24: the number of recent bars counted to calculate the average of Highs - Lows - a maximum of 30 bars can be set. If setting is less than 6, a minimum of 6 bars is counted
- CalcBars2Times = 6: the number of bars counted a second time to calculate the average - with this setting, last x bars are weighted double to give recent bars more importance - from 0 to a maximum of 12 bars can be set
- TextPosition = 1: sets the position of the comment text in the chart x lines lower - from 0 to a maximum of 9 lines the comment can be set lower
- UpAlarm = true: alarm is triggered, can be set to false to disable this alarm
- DnAlarm = true: alarm is triggered, can be set to false to disable this alarm
- showComment = true: the comment in the chart window is shown
- showSpread = true: the current spread is shown in the comment
- SoundAlert = true: SoundAlert is active
- SendEmail = false: SendEmail is inactive. If set to true, a sent email contains a subject and a body with the text similar to the one in the popup alarm