PZ Bollinger Trend
A personal implementation of the famous Bollinger bands indicator as a trend following mechanism, which uses a moving average and the standard deviation to define what a trend is and when it changes. Bollinger bands are usually used as an oversold/overbought indicator only, but in my opinion, the trading approach is more complete using the trend variant as an exit strategy.
- Easy to trade
- Customizable colors and sizes
- It is non-repainting and non-backpainting
- It is fantastic as a trailing stop method
- It implements alerts of all kinds
When loading the indicator to any chart, you will be presented with a set of options as input parameters. Do not despair if you think they are too many, because parameters are grouped into self-explanatory blocks. This is what each block of parameters does.
- Period - MA period of Bollinger bands.
- Deviation - standard deviation for Bollinger bands.
- Max History Bars - past bars to draw when the indicator loads.
- Drawing Settings - colors and sizes for arrow objects.
- Alerts - enable/disable alerts of all kinds, or set a custom alert text.
Arturo López Pérez, private investor and speculator, software engineer and founder of Point Zero Trading Solutions.