- Reviews (1)
- Comments (6)
- What's new
Quick Alerts offers a fast and convenient method for creating and toggling alerts for MT4 objects.Quick Alerts comes configured by default to automatically create alerts for the following objects when they are placed on a chart:
- Horizontal Lines
- Price Labels
It also allows you to enable or disable alerts on an object simply by clicking on the button with the speaker icon and then clicking on the object.
Push and Email Notifications can be enabled by clicking on the lightning button and envelope button, respectively.
To limit the annoyance of triggering the alarm immediately, there is a 1 minute cooldown whenever:
- A new object is placed on the chart
- The timeframe is switched
- The settings on the utility's properties are changed
After an alert has been triggered, a 1 minute cooldown is initiated before another alert is sent.
Quick Alerts disables itself over the weekend or when no connection to your broker is detected as to avoid unwanted alerts when backtesting.
- Control Key: Key to hold down to activate Quick Alerts.
- Shortcut Key: Key to press while Control Key is held down to activate Quick Alerts.
- Play Sound on Object Click: Gives an audio indication of when an action has been performed when you click on an object.
- Increment / Decrement Alert Pips: The amount, in pips, to adjust the alert pips when either the Increment or Decrement
button is active.
- Popup Notification: If 'True', the MT4 Alert popup window will appear when an alert goes off. Otherwise, a sound will play and you will have to check the 'Experts' tab to see what object set the alert off.
- Color Object on Alert: If 'True', the object that triggers an alert will be have its color changed.
- Alerted Object Color: The color of the alerted object. "Color Object on Alert" must be set to 'True'
for this setting to have an effect.
- Rename New Objects And Assign Alert: If 'True', the objects which this utility works on, upon the object's creation, will be renamed to include the timeframe it was created on and a shortened version of the object type. Ex: "H1_Rect 32398" (created on H1 timeframe, object type is Rectangle). It will also add the keyword to the object's description so that it can monitor for alerts.
- Alerts Enabled for new Horizontal Lines: If 'True', and 'Rename New Objects And Assign Alert' is set to 'True', any newly created Horizontal Line object will be ready to monitor for alerts.
- Alerts Enabled for new Price Labels: Same as above, but for Price Labels.
- Alerts Enabled for new Trendlines: Same as above, but for Trendlines.
- Alerts Enabled for new Rectangles: Same as above, but for Rectangles.
- Alerts Enabled for new Channels: Same as above, but for Channels.
- For Channels: Monitor Trendline: If 'True', the utility will monitor price for the part of the channel that contains 3 anchor points.
- For Channels: Monitor Boundary: If 'True', the utility will monitor price for the part of the channel that contains 1 anchor point.
- Alert Pips for Horizontal Lines: Pip amount that price must be within to trigger the alert for newly created Horizontal Line objects.
- Alert Pips for Price Tags: Same as above, but for Price Label objects.
- Alert Pips for Trendlines: Same as above, but for Trendline objects.
- Alert Pips for Rectangles: Same as above, but for Rectangle objects.
- Alert Pips for Channels: Same as above, but for Channel objects.
- Button On BG Color: Background color of button when on
- Button On Font Color: Font color of button when on
- Button On Border Color: Border color of button when on
- Button Off BG Color: Background color of button when off
- Button Off Font Color: Font color of button when off
- Button Off Border Color: Border color of button when off
- Button X Distance: The X Axis of the button
- Button Y Distance: The Y Axis of the button
- Button Corner: The corner of the chart on which to place the button
- Added "Color Alerted Object" functionality
- Added hotkey (Ctrl+Q) for displaying previous alerts
- Buttons no longer re-align on period change
- Buttons now change color on parameter change
- Fixed issue with Quick Alerts displaying a value in Data Window.
- Keyboard toggle
- Increment / Decrement button
- Email Notifications
- Button On / Off Border Color
- Bug Fixes