Bermaui Deviation Percent
Bermaui Deviation Percent (BD%) is a volatility index that measures volatility in percent rather than points. The idea of BD% is to make an index depending on Classic Standard Deviation (CSD) that moves between 0 and 100 percent.
You can use BD% to compare volatility for the same security in different time periods or different time-frames. In addition, you can use BD% to compare volatility between different securities in different markets in term of percent rather than points.
The idea behind this indicator explained in the next steps:
- Calculate Classic Standard Deviation (CSD) for X number of days.
- Find the Highest High of CSD in the same X number of days ( = HHV(CSD,X)).
- Find the Lowest Low of CSD in the same X number of days ( = LLV(CSD,X)).
- BD% = ( HHV(CSD,X) – CSD) / ( HHV(CSD,X) – LLV(CSD,X)).
How to use "BD%"
- If BD% is under 90% and then crosses this level upwards, this is a sign that prices may move in a ranging area.
- If BD% is above 90% and then crosses this level downwards, and the price is already above its simple moving average, this is a sign for the beginning of a new ascending trend. As BD% gets deeper to the downside, volatility and trend strength are increasing. When BD% is 0%, this means that volatility is at its highest value.
- If BD% is above 90% and then crosses this level downwards, and the price is already below its simple moving average, this is a sign for the beginning of a new descending trend. As BD% gets deeper to the downside, volatility and trend strength are increasing. When BD% is 0%, this means that volatility is at its highest value.
- Please read User's Manual: https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/718182
- Test the demo version and explore its features.
Bermaui Deviation Percent Inputs
1) BD% Settings
- BD% Candles [Min =2]: number of candles used in BD% calculations (Minimum is 2).
- BD% Line Width.
- BD% Sideway Color.
- BD% Upside Color.
- BD% Downside Color.
- BD% Upper Level.
- BD% Lower Level.
- BD% Levels Color.
2) BD% Alert & eMail Settings
- BD% Alert: When BD% detect the begin of a new trend.
- Send eMail.
- Send Notification.
3) Buttons Style Settings
- Button Back Color – Normal.
- Button Back Color – Selected.
- Text color.
- Chart in Foreground.
4) Symbol Changer Inputs
- Window to Show Symbols Panel: Show Symbol Buttons in Main chart window or in BD% Window.
- Button Click Action: Open chart on the same window or in a new window.
- Symbols Source From: Get symbols from custom symbol list or from Market Watch.
- List of symbols (separated by ";"): If you choose symbols from a custom list then separate between symbols by ";".
- Buttons in a Horizontal Row [Min=(1)]: Number of buttons to show in a row.
- Time-Frames to Show [Min=(1) & Max=(9)]: Default is 7.
5) Channel Inputs
- Channel Kind: Choose between Standard Deviation Channels or Linear Regression Channel.
- Channel Ray: To show the channel as a ray.
- Channel Length: Number of candles used in channel calculation.
- Draw Channel as Background.
- Channel Lines Width.
- Inner Deviation Channel Multiplier.
- Outer Deviation Channel Multiplier.
- Inner Channel Color.
- Outer Channel Color.
6) Grid Inputs
- Grid Calculation: Choose between Automatic ATR Grid and Custom Grid.
- Grid Multiplier Min/Max [1:5]: Use this to expand distance between grid levels if they are too close.
- Automatic Grid ATR Period Min/Max [2:100]: The number of periods used to calculate ATR for Automatic Grid choice.
- Custom Grid Space Min/Max [10:100]: The space between levels if you choose to build a custom grid.
- Grid Color.
- Grid Style.
1.2. "Symbol Switch Panel" can be from User inputs or from Market Watch window.
1.3. "Symbol Switch Panel" can change chart for current window or open it in a new one.
1.4. User can use "Symbol Switch Panel" to change current chart time frame.
1.5. User control the number of buttons on "Symbol Switch Panel". He can make them appear on main chart or TDO window.
2.1 Added a "Price Channel".
2.2 User can choose between "Standard Deviation" or "Linear Regression" channels.
2.3 User can draw channels as a ray or make them as background.
3.1 Added a "Price Grid".
3.2 User can choose between "Automatic Grid" and "Customer Grid".
3.3 User can multiply distance between grid levels.