The program forms strategies by summing up the indicator values perceived as action selection criteria (buy, sell or do nothing) with an equal weight value. After a user selects a suitable indicator combination, the appropriate trading signals and their statistical profitability are displayed on the screen.
There are three matrices the indicators can be assigned to by their type. These are trend indicators, oscillators and Bill Williams' ones. In each matrix, indicator names, timeframes and all signal fields are made as buttons. If the indicator or time series name is beige-colored, clicking enables the entire matrix line or column, if it is golden, clicking disables it. If the indicator is connected to calculations on a certain timeframe, its borders in the matrix field are circled in white. The indicators can be enabled/disabled on certain timeframes by clicking on any matrix element. For faster operation, use Use All/Clear All button.
To display signals from small timeframes, start the indicator on a small timeframe.
Indicator signals on a chart
- Only arrow; the moving average retains its color on the next bar - the signal arrives at the opening of the first bar. When the next bar appears, the percentage value of the signal uncertainty exceeds PercentsFlat.
- Arrow; the moving average has changed its color - number of action signals has reached PercentsDeal and remains above PercentsFlat in subsequent bars.
- The field is blue - indicator on a certain timeframe gives a signal to buy;
- The field is red - indicator on a certain timeframe gives a signal to sell;
- The field is gray - indicator on a certain timeframe gives no trading signals.
- BarsForCalculate - number of bars for signals calculation.
- PercentsDeal - minimum required percentage of signals, upon which the indicator provides a buy or a sell signal.
- PercentsFlat - minimum required percentage of signals, upon which the indicator informs of the market uncertainty.
- Also, there are other settings for all used indicators. The full list of inputs can be found here (in Russian).
- Signals are triggered at bar opening.
- Results are not re-painted.
The following indicators can be used
- Oscillators: OsMA, Relative Strength Index, Commodity Channel Index, Bears Power, Bulls Power, DeMarker, Force Index, MACD, Momentum, Relative Vigor Index, Stochastic and Williams' Percent Range.
- Trend indicators: Two Moving Averages, Average Directional Movement Index, Bollinger Bands, Envelopes, Ichimoku Kinko Hyo and Parabolic SAR.
- Bill Williams' indicators: Accelerator Oscillator, Alligator and Awesome Oscillator.