What It Does
During strong directional movements, the probability always leans towards moving along the trend. This is the probability utilized by the fully automated Catcher Trends robot, abbreviated CT.
Trades are opened only in the trend direction and based on important levels. CT enters the market by its own algorithm using pending stop orders with predefined stop loss and take profit. This minimizes the slippages when opening trades, and stop loss prevents the unforeseen losses.
The order placement point as well as take profit and stop loss values are calculated every hour according to the latest changes in the price. The EA constantly monitors the market in anticipation of strong directional movements.
The average frequency of market entries is once a week.
|Catcher Trends since version 2.9 works on the Catcher Trends Exp algorithm, since the exponential algorithm showed the best test results!|
Strong movements in the market take place during the London and New York trading sessions, therefore, the CT2 EA need to be able to operate during this time.
Similar to any Expert Advisors, it is recommended to run it on a VPS server.
The EA must be attached to EURUSD H1 chart for maximum efficiency.
5-digit quotes, minimum lot - 0.01
Advantages of the CT EA
- Stable growth of profit in testing on a period from 2000 to 2017.
- Does not use lagging indicators and enters the market only based on the price action.
- Uses dynamic stop loss, eliminating the risk of losing the deposit.
- It has a small drawdown, therefore it is suitable for use as part of a portfolio of multiple robots with different operation algorithms.
- Does not use martingale, grid and other high-risk trading strategies.
- It also works well on other volatile pairs, which indicates the efficiency of the algorithm.
- The EA is not sensitive to spread and slippage. It can work in all market conditions, with any broker and on any accounts with a minimum size of the deposit, even with $50, at least $100 is recommended.
- Optimized algorithm of the robot does not load the CPU.
- CT is fully automated and has a minimal number of settings.
- Automatically analyzes the price movement and determines the parameters for entering the market.
- The optimal EA settings have been preset for trading the EURUSD pair.
Catcher Trends settings
- -------- Buy strategy EURUSD H1--------
- Buy_ON - enable the Buy strategy
- R:R Ratio (2.2) - the risk/reward ratio
- High_Shift (-50 pips) - distance from the level in pips
- ATR_Buy_Bars (26) - number of bars for ATR calculation
- -------- Sell strategy EURUSD H1---------
- Sell_ON - enable the Sell strategy
- R:R Ratio (1.9) - the risk/reward ratio
- Low_Shift (-50 pips) - distance from the level in pips
- ATR_Sell_Bars (28) - number of bars for ATR calculation
- ------- Times filtering --------
- Trade start hour GMT - EA operation start hour, GMT
- Trade end hour GMT - EA operation end hour, GMT
- Do not trade on Fridays 13 - disabling the EA on Fridays, 13th
- ------- Money management --------
- Hedging ON - allow opening counter orders
- Trail ON - enable trailing stop
- Turbo ON - increasing lot for the second profitable order of the same type
- Risk % (0% - min lot) - percent of risk deposit per one order
- ---------- Orders -----------
- Magic -magic number for the EA's orders
- Order comment - comment to mark the EA's orders
- Show info - display tick indicator and info panel on the chart
Before purchasing the EA, download the trial version and test the robot on the history data provided by your broker.
Do not change the initial parameters of the robot, if you are not certain in your actions.
By increasing the Max_Risk, enabling By_Type, you can significantly increase the profitability of the robot, if you know what you are doing. Change the settings at your own risk.
Please send the author a private message to get support or help, or if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.