Moving Average Slope
Moving Average Slope is an indicator which displays the Slope of a Moving Average. Finding the Slope of a Moving Average is a great way to determine trends and ranges of the market. Moving Average Slope can be used for manual trading or built into an Expert Adviser for automated trading.
It is presented as a histogram which you may change the colors for positive and negative results.
- Positive results indicate an upward trend of the market.
- Negative results indicate a downward trend of the market.
- Near Zero results indicate a ranging market (flat or unchanging market).
For automated trading, use the indicator buffer of the double type:
- Positive Slope - buffer 0.
- Negative Slope - buffer 1.
- Note that results of exactly zero are always Empty Values.
- SlopePeriod - Period of which we're calculating the slope for. Higher numbers will smooth the histogram.
- MAPeriod - Period of the Moving Average.
- MAMethod - method of averaging the Moving Average:
- MODE_SMA - 0.
- MODE_EMA - 1.
- MODE_SMMA - 2.
- MODE_LWMA - 3.
- PRICE_CLOSE - 0.
- PRICE_OPEN - 1.
- PRICE_HIGH - 2.
- PRICE_LOW - 3.
- PRICE_MEDIAN - 4.
- PRICE_TYPICAL - 5.
- PRICE_WEIGHTED - 6.
Moving Average Slope was created by Hilton Global LLC.