SuperTrend Alerts adds alerts to the widely popular SuperTrend indicator. As the name suggests, SuperTrend is a trending indicator which works best in trendy (not choppy) markets. SuperTrend is extremely popular for intraday and daily trading, and can be used on any timeframe. Place a call when the price closes above the SuperTrend line, and place a put when the price closes below the SuperTrend line. These crossovers are highlighted by non-repainting up/down arrows.
Email, message and sound alerts can be turned on/off for the following events. Please note that email recipient and SMTP information should be specified in MT4/options before using email alerts.
- Price closed above SuperTrend line (call)
- Price closed below SuperTrend line (put)
- # Bars used for calculation (Default=10): number of bars used to calculate SuperTrend
- Multiplier (Default=4.0): multiplication factor for calculating average true range in SuperTrend. Higher value = less signals, lower value = more signals but higher chance of false positive
- Alert when price crosses SuperTrend: True = alerts are allowed, false = all alerts are paused
- Turn on alerts message: message box alerts
- Turn on alerts sound: sound alerts
- Turn on alerts email: email alerts
SuperTrend Alerts is most effective during trendy (not choppy) market conditions, and so it pairs well with our Choppiness Index indicator.