MT4 Strategy Builder
MT4 Strategy Builder (‘StratBuilder’) is a grid-trading order management utility, offering traders the functionality to develop their own unique strategies, without having to program MQL code!
NEW to STRATBUILDER? - automate your trading within minutes, by applying our semi-automated sample strategy to trade 9 symbols concurrently.
Parameter values (developed for a 5-digit broker) to apply the semi-automated sample strategy to 9 symbols (AUDUSD, BTCUSD, Crude oil, EURUSD, GBPUSD, Gold, S&P500, USDJPY & USDZAR), are supplied FREE of charge with every download of StratBuilder. The strategy is termed semi-automated, as the software opens all trades and also closes most trades, when these positions collectively achieve a predetermined profit target on account balance, but the trader is required to also close selected trades manually from time to time. Guidance is provided to suggest closure of selected trades (trades can be closed on a mobile device, using the MetaTrader4 app).
It is strongly suggested that a virtual private server (VPS) be rented from MQL5 and that the setup on the trader’s computer be migrated to one of these servers, to allow StratBuilder to run 24/7, without interruption.
The sample strategy approach: StratBuilder opens a basket of trades and profit taking occurs when open positions collectively reach a predetermined percentage profit on account balance. When the targeted percentage profit is reached, all positions are closed simultaneously (ring fenced per symbol, per direction, i.e. profit on BUY & SELL trades on the same symbol, are calculated separately).
Steps to apply the semi-automated sample strategy (assuming the MetaTrader4 platform had already been downloaded on your Windows computer):
- Download the LONG & SHORT .set files for each symbol to be traded, to your computer's Downloads folder, by selecting the Google Drive link listed in the 'Comments' tab, or from the product website 'User guide' page (product website address can be found in the ' Comments' tab)
- Download and install StratBuilder on the MetaTrader4 terminal and apply the LONG .set file to the D1 chart for the symbol and the SHORT .set file to the W1 chart for the same symbol (steps to open symbol charts and apply StratBuilder to these charts can be found in the User guide, downloaded from the link referred to above):
- Rent the StratBuilder utility from the MQL5 Market
- Install StratBuilder on your MetaTrader4 terminal (detailed steps in the User guide, referred to above)
- Right click on MT4 Strategy Builder in the Navigator area of the MetaTrader4 terminal screen and select 'Attach to chart'
- Select the 'Inputs' tab on the StratBuilder utility window, retain (do not change) the default parameter in the Value column, which is set to 'Unused' (first parameter at the top)
- Select 'Load' on the 'Inputs' tab and browse your computer Downloads folder to locate the LONG & SHORT .set files for each symbol and double click on it to return to the MetaTrader4 terminal
- Next, click 'OK' to apply these settings (the window will close) - apply the LONG .set file to the D1 chart for the symbol and the SHORT .set file to the W1 chart for the same symbol
- Migrate these settings to the MQL5 VPS (in the Navigator area, right click on the VPS name, select 'Synchronize experts, indicators and signal' and wait for the 'Status is started' log to appear in the Terminal area of the MetaTrader4 platform when the Journal tab is selected
StratBuilder user guide: The link to the product website which hosts a detailed product description and comprehensive user guide can be found in the 'Comments' tab. The developers offer FREE support with the setup of StratBuilder on your MT4 terminal. The contact details to request support are listed on the product website (website address in the 'Comments' tab).
Whether you are a scalper or a long-term trend trader, StratBuilder offers you a reliable and easy way to automate your trading strategy!
* Fixed minor mail-report bug
* Changed the behaviour of "Max Inactivity" slightly
* Moving average (single and double) support
* Multiple order property modifiers added (age, long/short difference)
* Multiple improvements regarding order levels
* Magic number support
* Mail reports
* Inputs friendly names added
Show previous and next levels
Made slippage an input
Added reasonable default values