Hot Point AUTO
The Expert Advisor consists of 100 different virtual Prototype-4 EAs with different settings that have been acquired in the period from 2000 to 2016 with positive results. The outcome of these calculations is the resulting lot. The idea behind the virtual strategies is that in case any of the virtual strategies is "wiped", the entire deposit is not, it is only decreased by 1/100, i.e. 1% (when using Risk=5000). It is possible to set the lot size to start opening positions, the step and the maximum number of opened lots and positions using the settings of the EA.
Strategy in details
- The EA consists of 100 virtual Prototype-4 robots.
- Prototype-4 is my product that can be found here: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/6088
- Prototype-4 applies averaging and martingale methods opening positions by trend using several indicators. If a trend moves in the wrong direction, the EA either reverses the position, or closes and remebers it. Later, when a signal occurs, it opens positions stored in its memory.
- The large enough optimization period of 2000-2016 is used to prepare strategies. If there is no such history, lower periods are used (for example, 2007-2016).
- Optimization is performed on M15 with the leverage of 1:500 on the deposit of 5000, the initial lot is 0.01.
- Only 100 results with various parameters are selected out of all obtained results.
- Such optimization is performed for all symbols supported by the EA.
- During HotPointAuto operation, all 100 strategies work simultaneously calculating their lots.
- The calculation result is a sum of all lots from 100 strategies divided by 100. It is displayed on a chart as Calculated Relative Lots.
- After the calculation, depending on a defined Risk parameter, as well as a deposit size and point size of a used symbol, the EA calculates Calculated Virtual Lots.
- Calculated Virtual Lots is compared with Open Real Lots:
- If Calculated Virtual Lots > Open Real Lots, there is a market entry signal.
- If Calculated Virtual Lots < Open Real Lots, there is a market exit signal.
- Min Lot To Start relative value, Frequency, and Max.Total Lots relative value parameters are used to manage position opening.
- These parameters manage Calculated Relative Lots.
View answers to frequently asked questions here: FAQ
The pairs available for trading are limited to: EURUSD, USDJPY, EURJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDCAD, NZDUSD, EURAUD, AUDJPY, GBPCHF, GBPJPY, CADJPY, AUDCAD, EURGBP, EURCHF, NZDJPY, CHFJPY. It works on the M15 timeframe and tries to place the positions in the direction of the trend.
A deposit equal to greater than the Risk parameter is recommended.
The EA parameters are specified in relative values, so that there are the same settings for different deposits and Risk parameters.
The real lot = Relative lot*Balance*Value of one point/Risk. This ratio is shown in the information window of the EA.
Expert Advisor configuration options:
- Working with multiple positions. For example, if MinLotToStart=0.02, Frequency=0.03, MaxTotalLots=5. In this case, the minimum position is limited to MinLotToStart = 0.02, any next position will be opened, if it exceeds Frequency = 0.03 (it may be greater than 0.03 but not less) and the total number of lots must not exceed MaxTotalLots = 5. The maximum possible number of positions in this case is (5-0.02)/0.03=166.
- Working with a single position. For example, if MinLotToStart=0.07, Frequency=0.1, Max Total Lots=0.1. In this case, the first position should be more than MinLotToStart=0.07, the next position must not be less than 0.1, the total amount of lots is limited to MaxTotalLots=0.1. So there will be only one position.
Built-in protection systems
- High volatility.
- Trend reversal.
- Drawdown control.
- Account equity control.
- Maximum number of lots on the account.
- Maximum number of open positions.
- Risk – risk (<2 000 – high, >5 000 – low);
- Min Lot To Start, relative value – minimum value of the calculated lot, with which the EA will start opening positions. Relative value;
- Frequency – minimum value of the next lot. Relative value;
- Max.Total Lots, relative value – maximum number of open lots of the current pair. Relative value;
- Auto GMT – enable the automatic calculation of the difference between GMT and server time (use ManualGMTOffset for the strategy tester, as the automatic method can not work during testing);
- ManualGMTOffset=2 – set the difference between the terminal time and GMT (used for testing with any value of AutoGMT and in real trading with AutoGMT = false);
- SummerTime – used only during testing. Required for the EA to automatically shift GMTOffset by one hour when the broker time is switched. Set this parameter to true, if it is Daylight Saving Time now, and to false, if it is not. Also make sure you set the current GMTOffset of the broker in the ManualGMTOffset parameter.
- Slippage – maximum acceptable slippage in points;
- Magic Number – unique number of the EA's trades;
- FIFO – close orders by the FIFO rule;
- Time Filter – at the end of HourEnd time positions are closed and stored in memory (like when clicking Close&Rem). Positions are opened from HourStart time by virtual strategy signals.
- Hour Start – trading start hour by GMT;
- Hour End – trading end hour by GMT;
- Close And Remember Before Weekend – close and remember the positions before the weekend;
- Close All And Restart After DD,% – close all positions and resume the EA operation after a drawdown in percents of the deposit;
- Partition Close – partial closure if the calculated lot became less than the current position (recommended to set to true);
- Limit Orders Of Symbol – limitation of open orders by a symbol, 0 - no limit.
- SpreadLimit – set the spread limit in points, 3.0 by default (automatically multiplied by 10 for 5-digit servers). If the spread is greater than this parameter, then virtual strategies work only in the mode of closing, new positions cannot be opened. The exceeding of the limit is displayed on the chart by a message in red.
- Manual Leverage - if 0, then automatic detection of the current leverage. You can set this parameter manually if the leverage of the symbol is different from the leverage of the account.
- Slow Closing on Friday - if TRUE, virtual strategies do not start trading on Friday if they were closed with profit.
- ExtraRecovery (work if >1) – Additional recovery of losing strategies. The value sets how much riskier trading will be performed until the lost deposit is recovered.
- Global Recovery - Global recovering, if True the EA will work with a global variable during the additional recovery of the losing strategies. All the HotPointAUTO experts that have the same account and magic number will take part in the simultaneous recovery. If there was a local recovery, then if the GlobalRecovery parameter is set to True, the value of the local variable is transfered to the global variable.
- Commission - Compensation of commission from trades. Set the commission value to be refunded by increasing the profit of trades. The value is in USD per 1 lot. For example, 8. Remember, increasing this probability reduces the probability of a successful completion of a trade. If you have a commission, it is not necessary to set this parameter.
2. Added the Strategies parameter. You can choose the old strategy or the new one.
3. The speed of the algorithm is increased.
4. Added the pause button after clicking Close&Rem.
5. Added the TradeNotAllowed button.
6. Added the FixBalance option.
7. Added the SlowClose button.
8. Added the ability to run on other timeframes and pairs. But the EA was optimized and created for M15. When run on pairs that are not supported, the EURUSD strategy is selected.
Attention! Check your settings after the upgrade. It is recommended to press the Restart-Confirm button (but all calculations start from the beginning and positions are closed).
2. Added the Global Recovery parameter.
3. Added the Commission parameter.
4. Updated strategies for the USDJPY.
Attention!!! After the update, settings may be reset to the default values, please verify settings after updating!
2) Improved EURJPY strategies.
3) Improved CADJPY strategies.
4) Added Pause button — disable internal calculations.
5) Added Close&Rem button — (when followed by Confirm button) close the current virtual strategies and move them to memory.
6) Added 'Slow Closing on Friday' parameter - if TRUE, virtual strategies do not start trading on Friday if they were closed with profit.
7) Displayed the number of active strategies on a chart: in Buy direction, in Sell direction and Without Trades.
8) Optimized the EA logs (decreased the log size). Optimized the messages about saving data to file and exceeding the limit.
2) Added 4 pairs EURGBP EURCHF NZDJPY CHFJPY
Modernized strategies for GBPJPY
4) Added virtualization of 1:500 leverage. Now the EA works correctly with any leverage. Added parameter Manual Leverage =0 (if 0, then automatic detection of the current leverage). You can set this parameter manually if the leverage of the symbol is different from the leverage of the account.
2) Fixed the display of the lines in hidden mode.
3) Added the pairs GBPCHF, GBPJPY, CADJPY, AUDCAD. The CADJPY, AUDCAD pair have been optimized on the period from 2007 due to lack of history (as opposed to others from 2000)
4) The default settings have been changed to SummerTime=true, ManualGMTOffset=3.
2) Added parameter SpreadLimit - set the spread limit in points, 3.0 by default (automatically multiplied by 10 for 5 digit servers). If the spread is greater than this parameter, then virtual strategies work only in the mode of closing, new positions are not opened. The exceeding of the limit is displayed on the chart by a message in red.
3) Added the output of the 'Need To Recover' value to the bottom of the chart for the information on how much needs to be recovered in the deposit currency (after a reversal or closure).
4) Added information lines for the trading channel. The green lines represent the beginning of the forced closure threshold for the positions of virtual strategies, the pink line represents the end of the channel.
5) Fixed the display of the time when trading is impossible at 'Time Filter = true' on the chart.
2. Added SummerTime parameter. This parameter is used ONLY for testing. Required for the EA to automatically shift GMTOffset by one hour when the broker time is switched. Set this parameter to true, if it is Daylight Saving Time now, and to false, if it is not. Also make sure you set the current GMTOffset of the broker in the ManualGMTOffset parameter.