Robotrader is an automated trading Expert Advisor designed for Forex trading. It is based on the Node Chart: its statistical constant properties are used for making decisions. Uses tick data for analysis, that is why can run on any chart period. The EA uses Stop-Loss to limit losses, and a smart martingale. Advisor has few parameters, is easy to set up and has a high risk/reward rate.
During testing and optimization in the Strategy Tester use only "Every tick" mode. During testing in the automatic parameter selection mode set the chart period: month.
- Filter height – the height of the amplitude filter. The number of standard instrument points: 4 characters for the most of currency pairs, 2 - for JPY pairs. The default value is 20. Recommended range: 10-50. Take into account your broker's spread. If the spread is 2 points and you specify 5, then 2 points / 5 points *100% = 40% - the ratio is inefficient. Try to keep the ratio not more than 15%. The lower the value, the greater the number of deals at a lower altitude and vice versa.
- Settings mode – type of parameter setting: automatic or manual. Default value: automatic mode. If you already have the parameters you use, set to manual mode. In automatic mode there may be a situation when the parameters will not be calculated - increase the amplitude filter value.
- The optimization period– period (in months) for the automatic mode parameter calculation. Default value: 24 months (2 years). Recommended value: at least 12.
- Maximum drawdown– the maximum allowed drawdown of the deposit. Default value: 0.3 (30%). Permitted range value: 0.1(10%) – 1.0(100%). A message about insufficient funds may be displayed at small values. The higher the value, the greater the lot the EA uses.
- Skip height- coefficient which determines the height of the segment "cutting". Default value: 1.0. The recommended range: 1-4(0.1). Optimizable parameter: calculated automatically in the automatic mode.
- Step height – coefficient which determines the step level. Default value: 0.9. The recommended value range: 0.4-0.9 (0.05). Optimizable parameter: calculated automatically in the automatic mode.
- Maximum entries– maximum number of entries per segment. Default value: 4. Value range: 1-7. Optimizable parameter: calculated automatically in the automatic mode.
- Martingale: Multiplier – Martingale multiplier. Default value: 2. The recommended value range: 1.0-5.0.
Parameters for additional customization:
- Rebound level – price rebound level in points. Default value: 1. Recommended range: 0-4. Allows to close the profitable trades when the price goes back to the specified level.
- Tick data type – the type of the tick value being processed: ask, bid or the average of ask and bid. Default value: the average of ask and bid.
- Order's price deviation – number of points of the price deviation from the one requested in the order. Default value: 0.
- Order's comment– EA comment output mode in the order.
- Spread control – spread expansion control system. Default value: enabled. When enabled, the expansion of the spread over the estimated value will disable trading.
- Volatility control – volatility control. Default value: enabled. When enabled, the increase of the volatility over the estimated value will disable trading.
- Message output – log message output mode. Default value: enabled. When disabled, only the error messages will be logged.
- Fixed operation flaws.
- Added the automatic parameter calculation mode.
- The initial lot is bound to the maximal drawdown level of the deposit.
- Added new optional features.
- Added new mode of message output into the log.