This EA draws horizontal lines and then trades a grid strategy on those lines. The lines reactivate/renew when price moves from one line to
another thus the name renewing grid.
1. add variable to limit number of trades on a horizontal line. example price moves sideways across the same 3 lines repeatedly, currently
this will continue to take additional buy and sell trades until it margin calls. This variable should limit trades on a line to 1 buy and 1
sell at a time or 2 of each on the same line. this would limit the losses in sideways markets and cause the EA to wait for the market to move
outside of the range before taking additional trades.
2. add display on top left corner that tells the current draw down limit and the current growth target as well as if it is trading in classic
mode or renewing mode. The display should also have the option to change color as i have different background colors and do not want it to
wash out. The EA updates these on its own but it would be nice to see at a glance how close it is to closing all trades and resting or closing
all trades and shutting down.
3. add option to turn it into a classic grid rather than a renewing grid. This means when it starts it will draw the lines as usual but it will
only take sell trades below and buy trades above. By setting the limit of trades per line to 1 then it will effectively negate the renewing
effect in classic mode.
4. add variable to change color of lines drawn.
5. Correct the trailing stop coding. It is designed to trail by #of ranges so 2 ranges would follow the price only when a new line is crossed it
moves to 2 lines back from the current line. The stop loss should only be created when the price is profitable so that it does not interfere
with automatic hedging properties of the renewing grid. The problem with it is that it only works on buy trades now and that is clearly not
None of the desired changes should alter existing functionality such as how lot sizes are calculated.