Is it possible to write a profitable EA based on Technical Indicators? - page 3

Would you then explain exactly how the FIFO rule is related to a profitable EA ?

Thecreator1:

Would you then explain exactly how the FIFO rule is related to a profitable EA ?

Um...that is another topic. right?

:-)

tradelife:

Um...that is another topic. right?

Not really since my profitable EA doesn't seem to be affected by it.

You say it differs between MT4 and MT5 and this rule is the problem, but i don't think the FIFO rule has got something to do with a profitable EA and the EA not with which platform it's running on.

So you wake the impression it is difficult but maybe it's just difficult for you, that is why i asked, maybe your doing something wrong or not wrong but different? I mean it doesn't mean it's difficult for everybody nor does it mean it is related to a rule or platform.

But to a person and his strategy or malfunctioning profitable EA which makes it a non profitable EA in the first place and that is another topic perhaps. 

Thecreator1:

Not really since my profitable EA doesn't seem to be affected by it.

You say it differs between MT4 and MT5 and this rule is the problem, but i don't think the FIFO rule has got something to do with a profitable EA and the EA not with which platform it's running on.

So you wake the impression it is difficult but maybe it's just difficult for you, that is why i asked, maybe your doing something wrong or not wrong but different? I mean it doesn't mean it's difficult for everybody nor does it mean it is related to a rule or platform.

But to a person and his strategy or malfunctioning profitable EA which makes it a non profitable EA in the first place and that is another topic perhaps. 

Probably, you are right.

I just got roughly feeling from MQL5 Signal Service site.

There are lots of perfect signals for MT4, but less for MT5.

:-(

tradelife:

Probably, you are right.

I just got roughly feeling from MQL5 Signal Service site.

There are lots of perfect signals for MT4, but less for MT5.

:-(

But there are a lot more people that still use MT4 in stead of MT5 so this is logical so far.

Is it not your own choice as to which platform you use? i mean if MT4 rules then why would you use MT5.

You gave a signal that there is need for MT5 signals.

Now we have to take care of it and we will, so thank you, as long as people give signals about what they need, we can fill in their needs.

:)

I think you can develop a long term profitable EA using technical indicators as long as you are prepared to base it on many years of data.

I suggest that you use as much data as available for your testing in order to detect settings that will cover many phases of the market.

In my opinion it is not possible. Indicators Are showing a really Strange behaviour i think.

Yes it is possible but i think you need more than just one indicator to get a profitable ea
Reason: