C++ calling a mql5 script

Hello, all.  Is it possible to have a few lines of code in C++ that say  "Hey metatrader, attach your script 'script_name.mqh' to the chart"  ?

oneilljo:
Hello, all.  Is it possible to have a few lines of code in C++ that say  "Hey metatrader, attach your script 'script_name.mqh' to the chart"  ?
You can set hotkey for the script, and calling it from your C++ , but that stupid things to do. So what's the purpose of this script anyway ?

phi.nuts:
You can set hotkey for the script, and calling it from your C++ , but that stupid things to do. So what's the purpose of this script anyway ?

It will read a .txt file which contains a value representing datetime.  Based on this datetime, it creates another .txt file the contains price values, etc.  Is this a good idea using the hotkeys?  Or do you have any other suggestions?  If it will work, where can I find out how touse hotkeys? 

Thank you for answering my question!

:)  :) 

oneilljo:

It will read a .txt file which contains a value representing datetime.  Based on this datetime, it creates another .txt file the contains price values, etc.  Is this a good idea using the hotkeys?  Or do you have any other suggestions?  If it will work, where can I find out how touse hotkeys? 

Thank you for answering my question!

:)  :) 

Hotkeys : Open Navigator in your MT5 (Ctrl + N), right click any folder, EA, CI, or Script and select hotkeys. But, like I said, it's as I said, it's a stupid things to do, you need the chart to be an active chart/window.

If you're good at C++, why don't you use EA and read this article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/115 

A DLL-free solution to communicate between MetaTrader 5 terminals using Named Pipes
A DLL-free solution to communicate between MetaTrader 5 terminals using Named Pipes
  • investeo
  • www.mql5.com
The article describes how to implement Interprocess Communication between MetaTrader 5 client terminals using named pipes. For the use of the named pipes, the CNamedPipes class is developed. For the test of its use and to measure the connection throughput, the tick indicator, the server and client scripts are presented. The use of named pipes is sufficient for real-time quotes.

phi.nuts:

Hotkeys : Open Navigator in your MT5 (Ctrl + N), right click any folder, EA, CI, or Script and select hotkeys. But, like I said, it's as I said, it's a stupid things to do, you need the chart to be an active chart/window.

If you're good at C++, why don't you use EA and read this article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/115 

I will look into those things, thanks a million!  :)

phi.nuts:

phi.nuts : 

Can metatrader be integrated with Java? 

Can an EA call a Java application, and can a Java application access historical data from metatrader 5?

oneilljo:

phi.nuts : 

Can metatrader be integrated with Java? 

Can an EA call a Java application, and can a Java application access historical data from metatrader 5?

Directly ?, No. Indirectly, Yes. 

If you have any more question about integrating MT5/MQL5 with other language programs, then the answer is yes it's possible. Some of them can be interact directly with MT5 some are not.  

Reason: