Discussion of article "Interview with Valery Mazurenko (ATC 2011)"

New article Interview with Valery Mazurenko (ATC 2011) is published:

The task of writing an Expert Advisor trading on multiple currency pairs is complex both in terms of finding suitable strategies and from the technological side. But if the goal is set clear, nothing is impossible then. It was four times already that Vitaly Mazurenko (notused) submitted his multi-currency Expert Advisor. It seems, he has managed to find the right way this time.

We have not been able to interview him when his Expert Advisor was in TOP-10 but the interest for his trading robot remains. Valery has revealed us his recipe for multi-currency Expert Advisors.

It is not the first time you are participating in the Championship. Has something changed comparing to previous years?

I don't think there are any big changes. The only thing I noticed is the lesser amount of participants disqualified for multiple registrations. A great amount of Expert Advisors work in a risky manner each year and count on luck. I think, trading preferences have shifted towards more simple methods.

What about simple methods? Do they have the right to exist?

Simple methods are good for everyone, as not all programmers can study and create neural networks, for example. And not all traders can explain, what do they need from a network. But a couple of moving averages and statistically calculated stop loss/take profit levels can be mastered by almost all traders and programmers. It is also good for the Championship. If the Expert Advisor is simple, it attracts attention both of experienced traders and newcomers.

Personally, I think that the "core" of an idea should be simple. Though this "core" may be covered then by some complex features.

ATC 2011 participant Valery Mazurenko (notused)

Author: Automated-Trading

Reason: