Automated Trading Championship 2012: Interview with Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar (JPAlonso)

"Everyone who is struggling with programming and who were not able to participate in this year's competition, know that it becomes a lot easier in time", said Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar (JPAlonso), the hero of today's interview. Starting from the third week his trading robot has a leading position at the Automated Trading Championship 2012, attracting public attention and causing a heated discussion.
Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar (JPAlonso) - Participant of the Automated Trading Championship 2012

Hello Juan. Please tell us a little about yourself and your trading experience.

I was born in Mexico, obtained my bachelor’s degree in Canada, and currently reside in the USA. I worked for a few years as an equity trader for a Canadian proprietary investment group, where I developed and monitored automated and semi-automated analysis and execution systems. I am currently completing a Masters in Financial Engineering program at Baruch College in New York, and I plan to continue working on algorithmic trading after graduation.

You have participated in Automated Trading Championships 5 times starting from 2007 so far. And each year you've got better and better from 520th place in 2007 up to 1st (so far) this year. In your personal opinion, does this progress at ATCs reflect your own progress as a developer?

When I prepared to participate in the first championship it took me days of sweat and tears just to get a working EA, let alone one that could make money. Now, the technical details of implementation are a lot easier to deal with, and I can focus on making the algorithms stronger and more profitable. Everyone who is struggling with programming and who were not able to participate in this year's competition, know that it becomes a lot easier in time.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar (JPAlonso).

Reason: