why does mt5 terminal consume so much cpu resouces than mt4 ?

I set up several MT4 terminals and one MT5 terminal on my computer ,and open them all .

The mt5 terminal runs very slowly without any indicator and ea attached and it occupy nearly 50% of CPU ,but the mt4 terminals works fine with many indicator.

why?

yalewang:

I set up several MT4 terminals and one MT5 terminal on my computer ,and open them all .

The mt5 terminal runs very slowly without any indicator and ea attached and it occupy nearly 50% of CPU ,but the mt4 terminals works fine with many indicator.

why?

Mt5 is for 64 bits technology, it will run multiple operations more smoothly, Mt4 is for 32bit cpu's,

you must have a computer with a cpu that is based on 64 bits technology if you want to take advantage of this 

if you have a 32 bits computer, you will not benefit from this, and it will slow your machine down because mt5 is trying to run

multiple threads but your cpu might not handle it, so it must work very hard because of it,

that could be the reason in your case. I am not so familiar with Mt5,

but you could check in settings if you could somehow set it to work on 32 bits,

if you can't you should go back to Mt4. or buy a64 bits computer :)

cozyman:

Mt5 is for 64 bits technology, it will run multiple operations more smoothly, Mt4 is for 32bit cpu's,

you must have a computer with a cpu that is based on 64 bits technology if you want to take advantage of this 

if you have a 32 bits computer, you will not benefit from this, and it will slow your machine down because mt5 is trying to run

multiple threads but your cpu might not handle it, so it must work very hard because of it,

that could be the reason in your case. I am not so familiar with Mt5,

but you could check in settings if you could somehow set it to work on 32 bits,

if you can't you should go back to Mt4. or buy a64 bits computer :)

thank you .
Reason: