Discussion of article "Interview with Francisco García García (ATC 2012)"

New article Interview with Francisco García García (ATC 2012) is published:

Today we interview Francisco García García (chuliweb) from Spain. A week ago his Expert Advisor reached the 8th place, but the unfortunate logic error in programming threw it from the first page of the Championship leaders. As confirmed by statistics, such an error is not uncommon for many participants.

How did you discover the world of automated trading?

About 5 years ago I became interested in trading, especially in the ForEx market and since then I have been doing regular self-training in this area. For automated trading, I've tried lots of different platforms, but eventually opted for MetaTrader. MQL4 and MQL5 are responsible for this. In fact, coding - that's what (in my humble opinion) I am good at.

Why did you start automated trading right away? Have you tried to trade by yourself?

I haven't traded on real accounts yet, but even on demo I was unable to control my emotions. I find it hard to follow a strategy, if you have to keep a loss-making position or to close the terminal without fixing a profit.

I am a reasonable man and prefer not to go on an adventure, so I decided for myself that I will program trading strategies. This is the only way to eliminate influence of emotions, which is detrimental for your deposit. For this reason, MQL5 language if perfect for me as a working tool.

Francisco García García (chuliweb) - Participant of the Automated Trading Championship 2012

Author: Automated-Trading