Central or Master chart

In some scenarios of Automation strategies, we would like to be able to create a Master or Central management chart.  It is not assigned to any one symbol, but to all charts that is designated as master by it.  For example, assume a 3 ring currency pair strategy or 6 or 9 or 12 ring pair sets.

1 master or central EA performs the monitoring and management of all trades including instructions to and from the symbol chart pairs, for the purpose of sunchronizing trade activity and management.  Each pair opens and closes trades, performs normal self management, but firing signal comes from central or master chart as a communication or function call to each symbol chart that matches the magicnumber.

This sort of feature would allow for things like seperate open basket trade management or open drawdown management and leave the EAs on the children to handle the dirty work of execution.

If master says CloseAllTrades each child with matching magic number corresponds by closing their open trades, if master says Open trade now, with specific lot size, direction, and a collection of symbols to respond with matching magicnumber, they each open trade to specification, if broker allows of course.

The addition to this feature of course would be a response from the children symbol charts confirming trade entry or error message.  This would then provide an avenue for the master to handle the error and then pass another attempt exclusively to the failing child symbol chart.

Of course each child would have to have a built in or custom function to receive the commands and perform the responses.

The master chart should be for dictating or issuing commands/communication between symbols charts only.  I don't think it should be able issues trades itself.

What does this afford us on top of the obvious that has been mentioned?  The ability to create control panel type of management for all charts from a central location.  A tool that can handle the evaluation of the open trades in the basket for drawdown management, the ability to determine lot sizes for money management from a centralized EA, the ability to handle closing of bad trades, freeing up the (symbol) child EAs to focus on single EA activities without consuming single EA processing, where a global agent like Master/Central chart could.  It just needs to be a blank Symbol chart with the power to communicate commands between pther charts with matching magic numbers that cannot execute buys or sells itself.  The main work here would be the communications layer between the charts and this "special" chart.  This would provide more power to GV type of behaviors but with the power of an EA. 

I can see the user setting values on the Master, that are then pushed down to the child charts, with the ability to choose whether the variables are local to the master or global to all EAs, with the ability of the single EAs to override on a one on one basis.  This is to say the master takes a global value, sets it's matching twin on the other EAs, but user could then open a child EA and set specific values for that specific chart.  With an overwrite flag invoked, Master would not veto the overwrite flag unless application has been closed and re-opened.

I can see this as a control panel type user interface to make interactions with the user more friendly, with abilities like dropdowns, multiple selections like radio or checkbox, textboxes, you know typical user input tools.  Imagine if we did this, we could provide a pretty and simple user interface that the users would enjoy and we coudl still handle management actions from a top level and push them down to the child charts.  It would be a floating chart, like the floating windows for navigator, Symbols market watch window, etc. 

I can see this as a startup wizard kind of tool.  Imagin if it was a wizard that popuped up on load and asked needed questions, and just began firing off the series or sequence of events needed to actually do all the chart setup and configuration for the user.  The user just sits back after asking the questions, watches the setup and config take place, then they hit the go button to fire off the automations for trading.  All the data, local global, client are managed by the designer leaving little more than monitoring for the user to handle.

You want a feature that will make MT5 rich with interest for the clients/users, I really believe this would be one of them.

I can see the creation of ini files read to populate this feature, xml, csvs, etc.  Making the user experience pleasant and simple while giving the designer power to handle multiple chart configurations and management.

I used currency ring as an example, but there are so many applications for this that I can really come to appreciate a feature of this level. 

You don't need a blank symbol chart, because OnTick() doesn't matter for the master EA, as it will receive and send notifications by the OnChartEvent() and EventChartCustom() mechanisms. Problem is, since it is a group of EAs working together, if EA group testing won't be possible (i.e. test them at the same time and consolidate trades), it won't be possible to backtest.

TheEconomist:
You don't need a blank symbol chart, because OnTick() doesn't matter for the master EA, as it will receive and send notifications by the OnChartEvent() and EventChartCustom() mechanisms. Problem is, since it is a group of EAs working together, if EA group testing won't be possible (i.e. test them at the same time and consolidate trades), it won't be possible to backtest.

I don't carry a lot of faith in backtest anyway.  Please educate me more on what you describe. 

I wrote an article on multicurrency.

It should shed some light about implementation. 

All you really need is an ONE ea that does everything.

For management and trading alone, you don't need a master EA and a bunch of slave EAs.

Master Ea and Slave EAs are for technical stuff that nobody knows about.

I hope my article gets publish. This way, people can learn from it. 

ckingher:

I wrote an article on multicurrency.

It should shed some light about implementation. 

All you really need is an ONE ea that does everything.

For management and trading alone, you don't need a master EA and a bunch of slave EAs.

Master Ea and Slave EAs are for technical stuff that nobody knows about.

I hope my article gets publish. This way, people can learn from it. 

I will look for it.  much of my work is on multiple currencies.  I do not believe in having all eggs in one basket.
Reason: