Converting indicator from TAS to MQL

Hello collegues, I am totally new here and looking for a way to convert my indicator I build in in the Dutch Alex platform to my Metatrader 4 whick I use from Varengold bank. It is written in .TAS. I ain't technical at all, so hope to find you here who knows how I can use this indicator in my Metatrader. By the way, wonder also how I get codes into my own platform on my computer. Copied a 'close-all'-script to my folder, but don't see it in the platform.

Thanks in advance,

JW

JWH:

Hello collegues, I am totally new here and looking for a way to convert my indicator I build in in the Dutch Alex platform to my Metatrader 4 whick I use from Varengold bank. It is written in .TAS. I ain't technical at all, so hope to find you here who knows how I can use this indicator in my Metatrader. By the way, wonder also how I get codes into my own platform on my computer. Copied a 'close-all'-script to my folder, but don't see it in the platform.

Thanks in advance,

JW

G'day JW and welcome on board!

For the TAS->MQL your best bet would be to open a job in the Freelance Section and see if any coders out there are familiar with the TAS language.

As for the script problem, where exactly did you copy the script to (folder location)? And did you refresh the Navigator window after copying the file?

Cheers
Stu

Stuart Browne:

G'day JW and welcome on board!

For the TAS->MQL your best bet would be to open a job in the Freelance Section and see if any coders out there are familiar with the TAS language.

As for the script problem, where exactly did you copy the script to (folder location)? And did you refresh the Navigator window after copying the file?

Cheers
Stu

Hello Stu,

Thanks! I did open the job in the Freelance Section now.

The script I put in the submap MQL4/scripts. See attachment. I started the whole Metatrader program new, although it's a demo version, but that doesn't matter I guess?

Grtz,

JW

Files:

JWH:

Hello Stu,

Thanks! I did open the job in the Freelance Section now.

The script I put in the submap MQL4/scripts. See attachment. I started the whole Metatrader program new, although it's a demo version, but that doesn't matter I guess?

Grtz,

JW

Ahhh ok, that's your problem. You need to put the script into the roaming folder of MT. Easiest way to find the folder is to go to the journal tab in MT, right click and select open. That will open windows explorer in the log files folder. Go up a folder, then into MQL4, then into Scripts and put it in there. Then either close and re-open MT or right click in the Navigator window and click refresh. Hope that all makes sense! If not, let me know and I'll put up some screen shots.

Cheers

You can find right folder by clicking "Open Data Folder" on the "File" menu.

When Windows explorer opens, among others, you will see MQL4 folder.

Click to open MQL4 folder.

Inside you will find Experts, Indicators and Scripts folders (and some others).

Depending on type of the mql program, put it into correct folder.

Reason: