Discussing the article: "Developing a Replay System (Part 38): Paving the Path (II)"

Check out the new article: Developing a Replay System (Part 38): Paving the Path (II).

Many people who consider themselves MQL5 programmers do not have the basic knowledge that I will outline in this article. Many people consider MQL5 to be a limited tool, but the actual reason is that they do not have the required knowledge. So, if you don't know something, don't be ashamed of it. It's better to feel ashamed for not asking. Simply forcing MetaTrader 5 to disable indicator duplication in no way ensures two-way communication between the indicator and the Expert Advisor. We are still very far from this, but the fact that the indicator is not duplicated on the chart gives us some confidence.

In the previous article Developing a Replay System (Part 37): Paving the Path (I), we have seen a simple way to prevent the user from duplicating an indicator on the chart. In the article, we verified that with a very simple code consisting of just a few lines, the MetaTrader 5 platform will help us avoid the appearance of a second indicator on the chart if we need it in a single copy. It is important that the indicator is not duplicated.

I hope you understand the idea and how the desired result was achieved. Under no circumstances should the indicator be duplicated.

While confirming the principle of no duplication in MetaTrader 5, please note that two-way communication between the indicator and the Expert Advisor is still a long way off. We are still very far from this. However, the guarantee that the indicator will not be duplicated on the chart at least gives peace of mind. Because when the indicator and the EA interact, we will know that we are dealing with the right indicator.

In this article we will start to look at things through the eyes of the EA. But we will also have to make some changes to the indicator, because the indicator that was in the previous article, unfortunately, cannot react to the EA at all. This happens when the EA wants to know something.

Author: Daniel Jose

Reason: