Discussing the article: "Developing a Replay System (Part 37): Paving the Path (I)"

Check out the new article: Developing a Replay System (Part 37): Paving the Path (I).

In this article, we will finally begin to do what we wanted to do much earlier. However, due to the lack of "solid ground", I did not feel confident to present this part publicly. Now I have the basis to do this. I suggest that you focus as much as possible on understanding the content of this article. I mean not simply reading it. I want to emphasize that if you do not understand this article, you can completely give up hope of understanding the content of the following ones.

Now that we have a basic system for the indicator and Expert Advisor, let's do what we started this article for: connect them.

It is important to know how to create an indicator or how to create an Expert Advisor, and also to understand how to make them interact and work together. Many people know the basics that allow the indicator to be used so that the Expert Advisor can use the data calculated by the indicator. 

If you don't know how to do this, I recommend you learn it first. A good starting point is the article: Developing a trading Expert Advisor from scratch (Part 10): Accessing custom indicators. It gives a very simple explanation of how to access the values calculated by the indicator. At the same time, we will look at how to initialize the indicator in a very simple way, even before we can access any information that was calculated depending on what we are going to do.

All this is very beautiful and simple, because using the idea in Figure 14, you can read the contents of the indicator. Now, using Figure 15, you can create an indicator using an Expert Advisor for this.

Figure 14

Figure 14 - EA reading the indicator data

Figure 15

Figure 15 - Creating an indicator by an EA

Author: Daniel Jose

Reason: