Seeking Assistance for Creating a Bot to Generate Alerts for Specific Arrows Indicator in MT4

Hello community members! I am currently working on developing a bot for MT4 that can provide me with alerts whenever the BB_Alert Arrows indicator triggers a signal on a candlestick.

I would greatly appreciate any help, insights, or guidance from experienced individuals in automating this process.

Let's collaborate and find a solution together. Thank you in advance for your support!)

Ahmed Last:

Hello community members! I am currently working on developing a bot for MT4 that can provide me with alerts whenever the BB_Alert Arrows indicator triggers a signal on a candlestick.

I would greatly appreciate any help, insights, or guidance from experienced individuals in automating this process.

Let's collaborate and find a solution together. Thank you in advance for your support!)

You will not get any responses unless you include your code attempt, and used ALT-S Code button, so that we can read it.

Ahmed Last:

You mean an Expert advisor. The term " BOT" is slack. In the professional world we don't use that term. Please attach your code by using Alt+S, so we can see what you have done and if we can assist. I would highly suggest you rather seek assistance in the freelance section. There are some developers there that will assist you in your quest.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Expert Advisor initialization function                           |
void OnTick()
{
   // Determine if BB_alert Arrows indicator shows an arrow on the current candle
   if (iCustom(NULL, 0, "BB_Alert Arrows", 0, 0) != EMPTY_VALUE)
   {
      // Trigger an alert or perform any desired action
      Alert("BB_alert Arrows indicator shows an arrow on the current candle!");
   }
}

Ahmed Last:

Michael Charles Schefe #:

You will not get any responses unless you include your code attempt, and used ALT-S Code button, so that we can read it.

thank you for your comment. I apologize for not including my code attempt in my previous share. Please find my code in comment

Nardus Van Staden #:

You mean an Expert advisor. The term " BOT" is slack. In the professional world we don't use that term. Please attach your code by using Alt+S, so we can see what you have done and if we can assist. I would highly suggest you rather seek assistance in the freelance section. There are some developers there that will assist you in your quest.

thank you for your comment. I apologize for not including my code attempt in my previous share. Please find my code in comment

if you search codebase, then you will find many ea's with alerts and you will see how its done, and you can copy them.

Your code will give constant alerts in realtime. You have to tell the ea to alert you in a period of X.

Ahmed Last #:

I saw one mistake in your code, remember when you are using iCustom , try to read 1 index instead of 0 , most of the Custom indicators does not handle current index properly. And read it inside the newBar method

//| Expert Advisor initialization function                           |
void OnTick()
{
   // Determine if BB_alert Arrows indicator shows an arrow on the current candle
   if(isNewbar()){

if (iCustom(NULL, 0, "BB_Alert Arrows", 0, 1) != EMPTY_VALUE)
   {
      // Trigger an alert or perform any desired action
      Alert("BB_alert Arrows indicator shows an arrow on the current candle!");
   }
}    } datetime LastActionTime; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Is a new bar | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ bool isNewbar() { if(LastActionTime!=iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_CURRENT,0)) { LastActionTime=iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_CURRENT,0); return true; } return false; }