How do I change TP for half the lots?

I bought 10 lots in one trade and I want to change the tp for half of the lots. How do I change that?

Patrik:

I bought 10 lots in one trade and I want to change the tp for half of the lots. How do I change that?

I think its mt4 , and as much as I know you cannot set tp for half of a trade.  you can place your tp on the last target , then set an alarm for the price of target 1 , and when alert came , come and modify the order and close some lots of it. 

or you can write a script to do partial close the order when the market reaches that price of tp 1. and run the script on a chart and let it be open till it happens.

Farzin Sadeghi Bonjar #:

I think its mt4 , and as much as I know you cannot set tp for half of a trade.  you can place your tp on the last target , then set an alarm for the price of target 1 , and when alert came , come and modify the order and close some lots of it. 

or you can write a script to do partial close the order when the market reaches that price of tp 1. and run the script on a chart and let it be open till it happens.

Oops, that was unfortunate. Maybe I can have openAI make a script for it.

Place an opposite pending limit trade at the price you want the TP with half lots of your positions.

Then, if allowed by your broker, once pending become market, you can "close-by" 2 positions to pay only spread and commission for 1 side.

In few words, this is the way in which SL and TP works...

Fabio Cavalloni #:
Place an opposite pending limit trade at the price you want the TP with half lots of your positions.

Then, if allowed by your broker, once pending become market, you can "close-by" 2 positions to pay only spread and commission for 1 side.

In few words, this is the way in which SL and TP works...

OK, good to know. 

Patrik #:

Oops, that was unfortunate. Maybe I can have openAI make a script for it.

i recommend that you search codebase for script or ea that will do this. But you will need to have a desktop mt4 running while the trades are open, otherwise the script or ea can not do its work.

Reason: