Is there any way to show your ask price on MT4/5 chart?

Hello guys, i would like to ask is there anyway to show your Ask price on the chart. I don't want it to show only the Ask line like everybody already know, I want it to show as historical candle by candle like normal Bid price on the mt4/5 (or maybe cTrader?) chart, but instead of Bid it's Ask price.

Something like the picture below but in mt4/5 platform, it isn't necessary to be candle stick bars or both of the prices much show at the same time on the chart, it can be a long line or something manifest the ask price in present and the past.

Maybe custom indicator can do something with this??, anyone??

Here's example:

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.
Files:
1.JPG  36 kb

La Toi: Hello guys, i would like to ask is there anyway to show your Ask price on the chart. I don't want it to show only the Ask line like everybody already know, I want it to show as historical candle by candle like normal Bid price on the mt4/5 (or maybe cTrader?) chart, but instead of Bid it's Ask price. Something like the picture below but in mt4/5 platform, it isn't necessary to be candle stick bars or both of the prices much show at the same time on the chart, it can be a long line or something manifest the ask price in present and the past. Maybe custom indicator can do something with this??, anyone?? Here's example:

You can create your own Custom Symbol, by reading the historical tick data and building the Custom Symbol based on the Ask quotes instead of the Bid quotes.

You could even build it with the mid value between Bid and Ask instead, if you wished too.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You can create your own Custom Symbol, by reading the historical tick data and building the Custom Symbol based on the Ask quotes instead of the Bid quotes.

You could even build it with the mid value between Bid and Ask instead, if you wished too.

By any chance can I using my 1 minute data to build my Custom symbol? cus most of the brokers I work with don't provide tick data. Or can I build it with live market condition data?

Btw, do you know what trading platform from this picture is? I just saw it already has Bid and Ask option, the picture from a Japanese trader.

Files:
2.JPG  69 kb

La Toi #: By any chance can I using my 1 minute data to build my Custom symbol? cus most of the brokers I work with don't provide tick data. Or can I build it with live market condition data?

Btw, do you know what trading platform from this picture is? I just saw it already has Bid and Ask option, the picture from a Japanese trader.

No, OHLC data is only based on Bid prices (or Last prices for some symbol classes). It has no Ask price data.

Custom Symbols is only available on MT5, where brokers do provide some historical tick data.

On MT4 you could use Offline Charts, but MT4 does not offer historical tick data.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, OHLC data is only based on Bid prices (or Last prices for some symbol classes). It has no Ask price data.

Custom Symbols is only available on MT5, where brokers do provide some historical tick data.

On MT4 you could use Offline Charts, but MT4 does not offer historical tick data.

Understood, thank you for the answer buddy

Reason: