Magic Numbers

I set up my MagicNumber with 6 digits because I kept track of the ticket number with the array TicketNumber[MagicNumber]. I couldn't get a number with more than 6 digits into the array.

I used the first 3 digits for the EA# (EA#1=1, EA#2=2,...), the 4th digit for the DayofWeek, the 5th for the time-Session, and the 6th (or right-hand digit) for the Trade# (1=first trade of sess).

The problem with this is that each new week I have a MN that's the same as one from last week. So, either I read in my Account History one week at a time or I move to a 9 digit MN.

The MN can be 9 digits long (correct me it can be longer). So, I could use the first 3 digits (3 left-hand digits) for the EA# and the next 3 digits for the Week# (counting from 1-Jan-2000). This will give me unique MNs. If I read those numbers back from Account History, and cut them down to 6 digits to fit into the TicketNumber[MagicNumber] array, then the MN is no longer unique.

I don't want to re-code my EA any more than neccessary.

Can somebody give me a work-around or a solution or a resolution for this problem?

Thanks.
Reason: