WPR_Period - cannot convert enum - page 2

Fabio Cavalloni #:

You are right, I supposed it to be MQL4 but it is MQL5...

So @progress chukwu as you can see in a lot of free code around here, on MQL5 you need to declare and assign indicator handles into OnInit, and CopyBuffers into OnTick/OnCalculate.

Thanks 👍

I appreciate that you guys are helpful.

Please can you show me what to do?

And do you think that the code as it is currently written will work in mt4? 

progress chukwu #:

Thanks 👍

I appreciate that you guys are helpful.

Please can you show me what to do?

And do you think that the code as it is currently written will work in mt4? 

I think the code as is can work correctly on MQL4. Of course with the change I mentioned in my earlier posts.

Try and you will know if it works or not...

progress chukwu #: How do I call it in OnInit? 
        CCI_Buffer[i] = iCCI(Symbol(), 0, CCI_Period, i);
        WPR_Buffer[i] = iWPR(Symbol(), WPR_Period, i);

Perhaps you should read the manual, especially the examples.
   How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
      How To Interpret Answers.
         RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

They all (including iCustom) return a handle (an int). You get that in OnInit. In OnTick/OnCalculate (after the indicator has updated its buffers), you use the handle, shift and count to get the data.
          Technical Indicators - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
          Timeseries and Indicators Access / CopyBuffer - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
          How to start with MQL5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 3 #22 (2020)
          How to start with MQL5 - MetaTrader 5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 7 #61 (2020)
          MQL5 for Newbies: Guide to Using Technical Indicators in Expert Advisors - MQL5 Articles (2010)
          How to call indicators in MQL5 - MQL5 Articles (2010)

Reason: