Email Bug in new MT5 release version 3802:

On version 3802 the email sending stopped working, this error is logged:

MailDispatcher email 'XXXXX MetaTrader 5 email test' failed [ 5.7.0 MUST ISSUE A STARTTLS COMMAND FIRST. V2-20020A4AA402000000B005586008CD5DSM4221920OOL.6 - GSMTP, server error code [530]]

I did a roll back of executable files and same test works fine. Same results on my computer Windows 10 as on my VPS server Windows 2019.

Please advice or take in consideration for further fix.

George:

On version 3802 the email sending stopped working, this error is logged:

MailDispatcher email 'XXXXX MetaTrader 5 email test' failed [ 5.7.0 MUST ISSUE A STARTTLS COMMAND FIRST. V2-20020A4AA402000000B005586008CD5DSM4221920OOL.6 - GSMTP, server error code [530]]

I did a roll back of executable files and same test works fine. Same results on my computer Windows 10 as on my VPS server Windows 2019.

Please advice or take in consideration for further fix.

You need to enable TLS 1.2 now, on both ends. TLS 1.0 is no longer supported.

If the mail server does not support TLS 1.2, you either have to enable it, or choose a mail server that does support it.

Make sure you are using the port number that does use SSL/TLS.

The same error is happening for me. Yesterday it was working fine but today after the update it started giving the error. I am using outlook.com.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You need to enable TLS 1.2 now, on both ends. TLS 1.0 is no longer supported.

If the mail server does not support TLS 1.2, you either have to enable it, or choose a mail server that does support it.

Make sure you are using the port number that does use SSL/TLS.

Thanks for your prompt response Fernando.

Before diving into TLS 1.2 changes,  just out of curiosity I went and tested a change in port configuration and it worked again with 465. For years I had use 587 with no problems until release 3802.

By the way, on another topic I downloaded a couple of months ago your indicator Time Segmented Volume (TSV). It is great work. I have incorporated it and I am very happy with it…and learned a lot both in trading and mql5 coding.

Thanks again for such fine work.

George #: I went and tested a change in port configuration and it worked again with 465. For years I had use 587 with no problems until release 3802.

Port 465 is the old standard for SSL and is not ideal going forward because it is deprecate.

Port 587 is the new standard which supports TLS.

In other words, by using 465, you are currently no longer using TLS, and only SSL, on a port which could in the near future be disconnected by your mail service provider.

So, consider fixing the TLS issue anyway, to prevent future problems.

George #:

Thanks for your prompt response Fernando.

Before diving into TLS 1.2 changes,  just out of curiosity I went and tested a change in port configuration and it worked again with 465. For years I had use 587 with no problems until release 3802.

By the way, on another topic I downloaded a couple of months ago your indicator Time Segmented Volume (TSV). It is great work. I have incorporated it and I am very happy with it…and learned a lot both in trading and mql5 coding.

Thanks again for such fine work.

Hi George, Could you make it work for you to send mail?

Reason: