Automatically Save Compiled Custom Indicator (ex5) Directly to Indicators Folder

Hello MQL5 community,

I'm working on a complex custom indicator project in MQL5, and I'd like to find a way to automate the process of saving the compiled ex5 file directly to the indicators folder upon compilation. I've noticed that the MetaEditor doesn't have a Directories tab in the Options menu to set the output folder.

Is there an alternative way or workaround to automate this process, so that every time I compile the mq5 file, the resulting ex5 file is automatically saved in the Indicators folder, without having to manually copy and paste it from the Project/myindicator directory?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Antonio Blazquez: I'm working on a complex custom indicator project in MQL5, and I'd like to find a way to automate the process of saving the compiled ex5 file directly to the indicators folder upon compilation. I've noticed that the MetaEditor doesn't have a Directories tab in the Options menu to set the output folder. Is there an alternative way or workaround to automate this process, so that every time I compile the mq5 file, the resulting ex5 file is automatically saved in the Indicators folder, without having to manually copy and paste it from the Project/myindicator directory?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If your complex project is in the "Shared Projects" it will automatically compile and place the executable file in the correct section (Indicator, EA, Script, Service).

I have never tried it in the "Projects" section so I will test and let you know later.

Unfortunately, it does not work in the "Projects" directory, only in the "Shared Projects" directory. Please note that you don't need to have the project in MQL Storage.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If your complex project is in the "Shared Projects" it will automatically compile and place the executable file in the correct section (Indicator, EA, Script, Service).

I have never tried it in the "Projects" section so I will test and let you know later.

Unfortunately, it does not work in the "Projects" directory, only in the "Shared Projects" directory. Please note that you don't need to have the project in MQL Storage.

Thank you, moving the project into Shared Projects worked, now I have in the indicators a Shared Projects folder and my indicator is inside. I had initially created all source files under the Project folder and then created the project from the indicator file, probably if I had started from the wizard it would have created them there. 

Reason: