Inconsistent Back Testing

I am fairly new to trading and MT4, so I may be making a very silly mistake. The problem that I am having is that I code an EA and then I back test it. Then if I shut down my PC and come back the next day, and I back test the EA over the same period on the same symbol, I get completely different results. I am keeping the spread at 50, I keep the period at M5, I test on the same symbol, I test over the same dates, I use the same EA, but I get different results. This makes no sense to me. Does anyone know why this might be happening and how I might be able to fix this?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

General rules and best practices of the Forum.

Alain Verleyen, 2023.03.28 20:04

Please don't post randomly in any section. Your question is not related to the section you posted.

MT4/mql4 has it's own section on the forum.

I have moved your topic to the correct section later, please don't create an other topic.

Kianoush Mohebbi:
I am fairly new to trading and MT4, so I may be making a very silly mistake. The problem that I am having is that I code an EA and then I back test it. Then if I shut down my PC and come back the next day, and I back test the EA over the same period on the same symbol, I get completely different results. I am keeping the spread at 50, I keep the period at M5, I test on the same symbol, I test over the same dates, I use the same EA, but I get different results. This makes no sense to me. Does anyone know why this might be happening and how I might be able to fix this?
Do you choose same modelling every time? By modelling i mean tick based, open price only...
Reason: